The Student Room Group

Feminists aren't for equality

Scroll to see replies

but they are though,

unless you're talking to the wrong feminists?? Feminism is the terrible name given to the movement that aims fro equality of sexes

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Blondie987
I'm sure this is a troll but I am not a radical feminist, for me feminism is just the name given to the movement to achieve equality for all genders in all parts of the world.

Don't be too offended. There are as many types of feminisms as there are feminists.

There certainly are feminists(#killallwhitemen comes to mind) that are radical, absurd and clearly wrong just as there are violent and angry men's rights activists.

The key to having real communications is to be able to find bridges so that both can communicate effectively. Unfortunately, there is a push to eliminate the sane centrists in poliitics by forcing them to outliers by shouting down their opinion.
Men and women are different, but equality means affording all genders the same rights which I believe is a given and while there may well be certain things that one gender does better than another it is not fair to automatically limit someone based on that factor, many assumptions made about genders have been proved wrong by just allowing other genders prove that they can actually do it, this goes for men and women.

women shouldn't be leaders because power is made for men. Letting them be leaders could be devastating so you can't just let them try it out.
Reply 23
Original post by Milzime
but they are though,

unless you're talking to the wrong feminists?? Feminism is the terrible name given to movement that aims fro equality of sexes

Who is that?

She is hot. :coma:
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Don't be too offended. There are as many types of feminisms as there are feminists.

There certainly are feminists(#killallwhitemen comes to mind) that are radical, absurd and clearly wrong just as there are violent and angry men's rights activists.

The key to having real communications is to be able to find bridges so that both can communicate effectively. Unfortunately, there is a push to eliminate the sane centrists in poliitics by forcing them to outliers by shouting down their opinion.

Thank you, I know it seems like I'm getting really heated about this but I just don't like being told that as I am a feminist, I hate men, when that could not be further from the truth, I honestly do believe that men and women are equal and that both those who don't believe in gender equality and radical manhating feminists are letting their sides down. You're right communication is key, it's just unfortunate that extremists are more widely heard, thanks again! :smile:
Original post by Apple Symbol
women shouldn't be leaders because power is made for men. Letting them be leaders could be devastating so you can't just let them try it out.

Please link me to the studies that show that and I'll concede
Who wants to worship hypocrite feminists?

1453315661159.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Apple Symbol
Feminists aren't for equality

Wow a revelation, everyone who isn't a feminist has realised this.
I find it funny how misogyny is a known word, but misandry is basically unknown. Yet modern, radical feminists demonstrate it daily.
Many are there just less vocal because there to busy living their lives to care.
Is this what passes for debate around here now?
Another one of these... Look if you want to go find some specific examples of people who claim to be feminists but actually go too far then go ahead, go condemn that. As an overall movement it's not about that though, I find it hard to believe how people can somehow fundamentally disagree with equality for men and women. You are literally contradicting the definition of the world feminist in the title.

The reason women's equality in the feminist movement is because women are still unequal to men. For example, there is still a significant pay gap between men and women, women are still under represented in parliament ect. Whilst there are male equality issues, there certainly aren't as many and the size of the problem is much smaller.
I'm a feminist and I'm for equality, what do you have to say to that punk?

Would you support the extending of reproductive rights from women to men also, as they don't have this right.
Would you also support a review into our institutionally sexist legal system, which gives men longer sentences for the same crime as women.
Furthermore do you support the idea that men should be paid as much as women?
Also, are you concerned by the bias against men in the education sector, which is primarily modular, which plays into the hands of women.
Original post by balanced
Would you support the extending of reproductive rights from women to men also, as they don't have this right.
Would you also support a review into our institutionally sexist legal system, which gives men longer sentences for the same crime as women.
Also, are you concerned by the bias against men in the education sector, which is primarily modular, which plays into the hands of women.

Yes of course, those are all issues that concern me, gender does not 'make' a person, even for something as reproductive rights, the law must reflect the wishes of both men and women equally. It is absolutely absurd that men receive longer jail sentences, the punishment should reflect the crime not the person and male and female dominated industries should do more to cater to all genders without exclusion or stigmatism as the capabilities of an individual should not be defined by their gender. As for the wage gap, it is a tricky issue, obviously men and women should be paid equally for the same job but there is so much bias that it is difficult to know the extent of a wage gap and who it affects.
(edited 8 years ago)

Are you still pretending to care about men?
Cute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes of course, those are all issues that concern me, gender does not 'make' a person, even for something as reproductive rights, the law must reflect the wishes of both men and women equally. It is absolutely absurd that men receive longer jail sentences, the punishment should reflect the crime not the person and male and female dominated industries should do more to cater to all genders without exclusion or stigmatism as the capabilities of an individual should not be defined by their gender. As for the wage gap, it is a tricky issue, obviously men and women should be paid equally for the same job but there is so much bias that it is difficult to know the extent of a wage gap and who it affects.

I agree with this, this is more second/first wave, I don't really agree with third wave issues.
I agree with this, this is more second/first wave, I don't really agree with third wave issues.

Then just admit that. Don't pretend it's out of some sort of compasison for men.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly feminism is a word that means different things to different people and I definitely know the extremists you're talking about but rest assured normal feminists do not support their views, we face palm just as much as you lol
Original post by Trigger
Is this what passes for debate around here now?

Yes, regrettably.
Original post by Milzime
but they are though,

unless you're talking to the wrong feminists?? Feminism is the terrible name given to the movement that aims fro equality of sexes

It's the name given to the movement made to advance the rights of women

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending