The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone applied for a position within Wales ?Had an email a while back saying that assessment centres were being planned but heard nothing since.

Just wondering if anyone else has had their assessment centre?

SR
Original post by scottrob95
Anyone applied for a position within Wales ?Had an email a while back saying that assessment centres were being planned but heard nothing since.

Just wondering if anyone else has had their assessment centre?

SR

I live in Cardiff and am waiting on an engineering assessment day what did u go for? when did you apply?
To be totally honest I can't really remember what I applied for ,it has been so long since applying !

Maybe about 2 to 3 months ago ,had an email about a month back saying about being successful in the online tests .
To be totally honest I can't really remember what I applied for ,it has been so long since applying !

Maybe about 2 to 3 months ago ,had an email about a month back saying about being successful in the online tests .

I applied last month had email on 11th may saying there waiting for more candidates in the area then will be invited to an assessment day there is a number to ring for recruitment im in work so have managed to ring them yet it is 08001814321 and option for recruitment
Reply 364

I had the same email last month or so, I originally applied in January, I've only just had my assessment day yesterday in Liverpool, I'm from Blackburn.
It does take time though so just be patient

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 365
Hello all. I had my AC yesterday and I feel like it went pretty well! I've been following this forum for a while and using the information you've all provided to help me prepare, so thanks for that! Congrats to all of you that have been offered a job! How long does it usually take for HR to call (or email) to tell you whether or not you have a job? Does it actually take 15 days? Thanks
Original post by bjra
Hello all. I had my AC yesterday and I feel like it went pretty well! I've been following this forum for a while and using the information you've all provided to help me prepare, so thanks for that! Congrats to all of you that have been offered a job! How long does it usually take for HR to call (or email) to tell you whether or not you have a job? Does it actually take 15 days? Thanks

Good luck!

Could you give a brief summary of what happened at the AC?

Anyone else in Scotland waiting to hear back from BT with a date for the AC?
Reply 367
Original post by Suedehead1
Good luck!

Could you give a brief summary of what happened at the AC?

Anyone else in Scotland waiting to hear back from BT with a date for the AC?

Sure thing.

The day will be broken up into four stages. Interview, Practical, Group Exercise and Presentation (not necessarily in that order). Interview and Presentation are pretty relaxed. Just be calm and coherent, you might feel like you're under the spotlight but the assessors are sound. You're selling yourself though, so don't rely on them to prompt you.

The Practical is fairly straight forward, pay attention to the instructions and don't be afraid to speak up in the Group Exercise.

There is a lot of info dotted around this forum, past forums and other sites that shed a lot of light on what to expect. Just be attentive and stay calm.

Hope that helps.
Omg after I had my hub day In April for A BTFS engineering apprenticeship which I passed I was told I just need to wait for a vacancy to come up in my area to which I'll be given the job,.I got an email this morning to attend another hub day next week in London for a similar apprenticeship, I explained that I've already passed a hub day this year and explained the situation but now there saying I still need to attend this other hub day HOW FRUSTATING!
Reply 369
I'm still waiting for my assessment date/address, I live in Cardiff, applied February and got a reply in February saying I was successful and to wait on them. It's taking a while, I just hope they don't reply and say the assessment day is when I'm away for the euros in France!
Original post by taylor_vs
Omg after I had my hub day In April for A BTFS engineering apprenticeship which I passed I was told I just need to wait for a vacancy to come up in my area to which I'll be given the job,.I got an email this morning to attend another hub day next week in London for a similar apprenticeship, I explained that I've already passed a hub day this year and explained the situation but now there saying I still need to attend this other hub day HOW FRUSTATING!

I thought it specified in the email they sent you that you didn't need to attend another assessment day this year coz you got the same email as I did.
yeah they said before I wouldn't have to do another hub day in that email, I explained this to the person at HR and they spoke to a manager and there saying I have to go to another hub day still.

All the excercises are the same as the previous hub day, I don't see the point in me going through it all again when I got told I passed before and all the excercises are going to be the same.
yeah they said before I wouldn't have to do another hub day in that email, I explained this to the person at HR and they spoke to a manager and there saying I have to go to another hub day still.

All the excercises are the same as the previous hub day, I don't see the point in me going through it all again when I got told I passed before and all the excercises are going to be the same.

Have you tried speaking to the person who invited you to the original Hub Day?
Original post by DanBrandon89
Have you tried speaking to the person who invited you to the original Hub Day?

Yeah that's the first thing I did, and she said I still need to go. I'll just talk to the assessors there and explain to them the situation.
Yeah that's the first thing I did, and she said I still need to go. I'll just talk to the assessors there and explain to them the situation.

Sounds like a plan. I would also bring with you relevant paperwork re time and date of call received to tell you, you were successful and which hub location and date you attended etc. Good luck mate.
Original post by bjra

I got my job acceptance call two weeks after the assessment centre day but it can take longer if they have a lot to do with candidates in/around your area
Original post by DanBrandon89
Sounds like a plan. I would also bring with you relevant paperwork re time and date of call received to tell you, you were successful and which hub location and date you attended etc. Good luck mate.

Thanks mate yeah I'll take all them bits too, I'll let you know how it goes
Original post by jade.catherine
I got my job acceptance call two weeks after the assessment centre day but it can take longer if they have a lot to do with candidates in/around your area

I'm still waiting to find out one way or another... 7 working days in... 8 to go... good luck guys :smile:
Hey everyone! I received a call last week to say that I've been accepted for my apprenticeship starting 19th of september within TSO has anyone received their contracts yet?
Original post by Hannahlou.x
Hey everyone! I received a call last week to say that I've been accepted for my apprenticeship starting 19th of september within TSO has anyone received their contracts yet?

Hey, first of all congrats!! I got my call and then received my contract 2 weeks after the call. I am also starting TSO in september, where are you based?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending