The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I haven't had nothing yet 😞
Just out if interest which apprenticeship did you choose and what area are you?
I applied for the engineer(open reach I'm guessing) and I'm in the north west
It was for information technology, in Edinburgh.
Reply 22
Ah right then, might be different for other areas then, yours sounds promising though so good luck!
Hopefully you will find out sooner rather than later what's going on
Reply 23
Original post by charliemurray3
It was for information technology, in Edinburgh.

Everyone's going to be asking you about the assessment centre 😂. Seeming as though you'll be attending one first

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm actually out of the country with work until the start of April! So i'm hoping it isn't scheduled for before then... or ill have to try and get another date!
I got the same email as the last few of you. I don't have anything useful to add, so this comment is just so I'm following the post.
Reply 26
Original post by jackhaugh
I got the same email as the last few of you. I don't have anything useful to add, so this comment is just so I'm following the post.

What position and location are you applying for?
Original post by jampot98
What position and location are you applying for?

IT Degree Apprenticeship & whatever location they will offer me as long as I can afford it! You?
Reply 28
Original post by jackhaugh
IT Degree Apprenticeship & whatever location they will offer me as long as I can afford it! You?

Finance, hopefully internal audit in London
Reply 29
I received an email yesterday saying I'm being considered for an assessment centre. Hopefully not too long now🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
I received an email yesterday saying I'm being considered for an assessment centre. Hopefully not too long now🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile

when did you apply and what a levels do you do ?
I applied on the 8/02 hope I get an interview.
Reply 31
Original post by aomarone
when did you apply and what a levels do you do ?
I applied on the 8/02 hope I get an interview.

I applied the week they opened for applications, so mid-late January. And I'm studying geography, economics and law.
How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
I applied the week they opened for applications, so mid-late January. And I'm studying geography, economics and law.
How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths, further maths, Economics. What did you apply for in uni ?
Reply 33
Maths, further maths, Economics. What did you apply for in uni ?

I applied for economics as my firm and economics and political science as my insurance both at university of Birmingham
Reply 34
I applied for economics as my firm and economics and political science as my insurance both at university of Birmingham

I applied for Discrete Maths at Warwick which is probably going to be my firm and Maths at Bath for my insurance. But if I get this apprenticeship then I won't need to go to university.
Reply 35
I applied for Discrete Maths at Warwick which is probably going to be my firm and Maths at Bath for my insurance. But if I get this apprenticeship then I won't need to go to university.

Yh, exactly the same here. I assume you applied for finance?
Reply 36
Yh, exactly the same here. I assume you applied for finance?

Yeah, the finance programme seemed like the one for me. They haven't replied to me yet though. Really hope they give me an interview.
After speaking to the recruitment team they have let me know that the assessment centers for minority of the steams will be running up until the middle of May. Just to give you guys a heads up.
Yeah, the finance programme seemed like the one for me. They haven't replied to me yet though. Really hope they give me an interview.

Is this one in London? Also, how come you're considering an apprenticeship instead of the usual Uni route into finance?
Reply 39
Original post by Adeel Ali
Is this one in London? Also, how come you're considering an apprenticeship instead of the usual Uni route into finance?

Yes it's in London. Don't really want to get into debt. Uni fees are high and I'd have to move out. My degree would basically cost me £45k+

Quick Reply