The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DanBrandon89
Hello Ben.

I am in the North East of England; Sunderland to be exact. They seem to take an era to get back to anyone based on past threads and posts.

Kind regards.
Dan

I see, I'm in Stoke and hope I hear something soon.
Its horrible waiting!
Judging by the 89 in your username I believe your probably about the same age as me, good to see people around my age applying! Thought I would be too old!
Reply 61
I signed up for the BT Engineering apprenticeship, I started the application on the 25th of February, and was told on the 29th of February that I have a place at the assessment centre, and that they have found a role that is a good match. so it only took me about 4 days to get a reply from BT.
Original post by BenLStoke
I see, I'm in Stoke and hope I hear something soon.
Its horrible waiting!
Judging by the 89 in your username I believe your probably about the same age as me, good to see people around my age applying! Thought I would be too old!

Yeah mate I am in the same boat its a pain but hey might be worth it in the end.

There are plenty of apprenticeship companies who will take on people our age mate aslong as your under 35. I am currently 26. Like i say I have been trying since I was 23. There is no age limit for this apprenticeship and many others and I dont consider us "old". Think positive! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
A_Jae. That is quick mate. Guessing they knew they had positions available within your area straight away that needed filling.

Kind regards.
Dan
Reply 64
I guess, I live in central London, BT have updated my application to Advanced Apprentice - IT - TSO, and TBH I don't know what that role is,
Original post by A_Jae
I guess, I live in central London, BT have updated my application to Advanced Apprentice - IT - TSO, and TBH I don't know what that role is,

Compared to alot of people mate I believe that is an ideal response time! I sure wish I was in your position.

May I ask did you apply for the Engineering with IT as a second choice by your reaction to the role suggestion?
Reply 66
I put engineering as my second choice also, I currently work as a 1st line Support IT apprentice, Which I have found I'm not happy with, they might have read my CV and put me down for an IT role,
I would probably guess that based on your location mate it could be possible to change if you arent happy surely? Maybe email BT and ask?
(edited 8 years ago)
Everytime I see I get an email on my phone and see BT I get my hopes up, buts its just this thread haha:redface:
Is there anyone else attending the assesment centre in Ipswich this Tuesday ??
Reply 70
Hello all,

I've applied for an engineering apprenticeship (ideally Opeanreach) although my application has changed to Advanced Apprenticeship - Engineering - BTFS. I now know this is BT Facilities Services, has anybody else had this?

Cheers!
Reply 71
Yeah, They changed mine too, I signed up for engineering and now they changed it to Advanced Apprentice - IT - TSO, which I dont know what that is.
Reply 72
It could have something to do with
Openreach possibly being separated from BT
I am in a state of confusion if anyone can help. I have 2 x completed applications. One is old and is unsuccessful which is understandable as it was off 2 years ago. One is set to application received (engineering) I also by mistake created a draft submission for vehicle maintenence but did not submit it. They sent me an email wanting me to confirm all my grades to progress my application but the email stored itself in the draft submission entry. Is it possible this is really related to my completed engineering apprenticeship and it has stored in the draft submission correspondence by mistake?
Reply 74
I am in a state of confusion if anyone can help. I have 2 x completed applications. One is old and is unsuccessful which is understandable as it was off 2 years ago. One is set to application received (engineering) I also by mistake created a draft submission for vehicle maintenence but did not submit it. They sent me an email wanting me to confirm all my grades to progress my application but the email stored itself in the draft submission entry. Is it possible this is really related to my completed engineering apprenticeship and it has stored in the draft submission correspondence by mistake?

I think if its a draft then they dont look at it until its submitted, so it will likely to be the engineering one you submitted, it should be in the completed Applications bit.
Original post by A_Jae
I think if its a draft then they dont look at it until its submitted, so it will likely to be the engineering one you submitted, it should be in the completed Applications bit.

Surprisingly its held in the draft submissions part which I have now withdrawn as it was a mistake in the first place. Maybe your right and it should of been stored in the completed application.
Reply 76
Surprisingly its held in the draft submissions part which I have now withdrawn as it was a mistake in the first place. Maybe your right and it should of been stored in the completed application.

Is there anything in the complete submissions ?
Yes there is. But the email regarding requesting further info on my grades to progress has stored in draft applications email correspondence.
Reply 78
Yes there is. But the email regarding requesting further info on my grades to progress has stored in draft applications email correspondence.

I just had a look at my draft submissions as well, it seems they might have done the same thing to me, I have noticed that I started an application for the IT role, but I didn't complete it, because I changed my mind, but it looks like its been submitted because it has they same answers for the engineering application which I finished and submitted, so I am a bit confused right now as well,
Original post by A_Jae
I just had a look at my draft submissions as well, it seems they might have done the same thing to me, I have noticed that I started an application for the IT role, but I didn't complete it, because I changed my mind, but it looks like its been submitted because it has they same answers for the engineering application which I finished and submitted, so I am a bit confused right now as well,

Surely they must of seen that its a draft and its not completed though and it refers to the completed application. If it doesent then its just mind boggling to say the least and they should let us complete our applications before emailing for further info. On one application it asks what areas you are interested in applying for too and my draft was not a preference on my completed application.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest