The Student Room Group

First tattoo

Going to get my first tattoo, a quote thats about three lines with two tiny doves beside it. Does anyone know how much approx it would cost ☺️
Reply 1
It usually cost £60-£120 per hour. But dont go cheap on things like this, a tattoo is for life :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Georgia_01
Going to get my first tattoo, a quote thats about three lines with two tiny doves beside it. Does anyone know how much approx it would cost ☺️

"a quote that's about three lines with two tiny doves beside it"

Every tattoo artist's dream assignment.
Reply 3
Original post by Ekno
It usually cost £60-£120 per hour. But dont go cheap on things like this, a tattoo is for life :smile:

Or until you have it removed.
Original post by Georgia_01

If you're quoted less than £70 per hour, go somewhere else.

If you can walk in off the street and get it done right away, go somewhere else.

Even if your tattoo is simple, and you think that there's no way somebody could mess it up, there's plenty of tattooists out there who can mess it up.
Reply 5
Original post by mackemforever
If you're quoted less than £70 per hour, go somewhere else.

If you can walk in off the street and get it done right away, go somewhere else.

Even if your tattoo is simple, and you think that there's no way somebody could mess it up, there's plenty of tattooists out there who can mess it up.

I'd agree with your first comment; if it's cheap it's going to be crap. (Although I've had some lucky exceptions)

I disagree with your second comment. I have over 30 tattoos myself and spend a lot of time hanging around with tattooists. They are not busy all the time (especially in the winter when trade really sucks) and it's perfectly possible to sometimes get a good artist to do the work right away - especially small pieces.

I agree with your third point. There are some tattooists out there that shouldn't be let loose with a box of Crayola, let alone a tattoo machine.

Quick Reply

Latest