The Student Room Group

Which university to firm? [computer science]

I have offers from Warwick, Southampton, UCL, Durham and Kings college london for computer science and I have no idea where to go lolI've visited most of them and the unis seem pretty cool so I don't really mind about location

Pros and cons of going to each uni?
Hey there,

Once people have gotten back to you with the pros and cons of each university, perhaps it would be a good idea to compare your potential courses against one another and see what you like. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Menoetius1
I have offers from Warwick, Southampton, UCL, Durham and Kings college london for computer science and I have no idea where to go lolI've visited most of them and the unis seem pretty cool so I don't really mind about location

Pros and cons of going to each uni?

I haven't looked at any of those myself, but if it was me I'd probably pick Warwick for the location

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'd say Warwick
Reply 4
UCL or Warwick are definetly frontrunners for your firm.
Choose:
UCL if you prefer the city and it has great study abroad opportunities and a lot of opportunity for networking since that its in London + getting a job would be quite easy especially for a CS degree holder.
Warwick if you would like the campus life. Warwick is great as employers love Warwick aswell as probably everyone on TSR. Warwick has a study abroad programme but not as broad as UCL's.(Depends if you want to go abroad) Warwick is probably better for Job prospects in some cases than UCL depending on the job you are going for(Not Investment banking).

Since that you don't mind about Location I suggest doing a pros and cons list for each uni.

Personally I wouldn't know what to pick but I say whatever you choose both Uni's will be just as capable of guiding you to your future career path.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending