Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Identity Declaration forms

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive just got one Identity Declaration form filled in by one of my teachers and ive just looked on the student finance direct website and it says i need to send 2 of them off with my birth certificate :mad: but im a bit confused, does it have to be the same person who fills out both the forms or will i have to ask another teacher to fill one out for me?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As far as i'm aware its two different people you'll need to ask

They dont make it easy :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you're kidding me?! they only sent me one and so that's all I sent. This is all going to take ages
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    2.. 2?! Seriously? I've only received one form also.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, its just that on another thread a guy said he had to get two completed. I'll find the link

If they only sent one then i'd imagine you only need to fill in one.. interesting
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay hopefull this will explain all:

(Original post by http://www.studentsupportdirect.co.uk/pls/portal/docs/PAGE/SPIPG001/SPIPS001/SPIPS008/SFD%20PN1%20NOTES%2007-08.PDF)
    If you do not have a passport, you can send your original birth certificate (this would include
    a UK birth certificate issued by a British Consulate abroad) or original adoption certificate
    instead. However, if you choose to send either of these documents, they must be
    accompanied by two written and signed declarations. The first declaration must be from you
    and must state that you do not have a passport. The second declaration is to verify the
    authenticity of your certificate and must be from a professional person (for example, a civil
    servant, form teacher or other person of good standing in the community) whose identity
    can be verified.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L0RA)
    Okay hopefull this will explain all:
    thanks but is there another Identity Declaration form i have to fill out? coz ive looked at the one my teacher filled out and it doesnt mention passports or anything so im a bit confused as to what i have to fill out
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically you have to write a letter saying you declare you dont have a passport. Then the teacher fills in the form and you send them together with your birth certificate to SLC.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aha. That's alright then, I think my dad's taking my passport over to the student finance office.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L0RA)
    Basically you have to write a letter saying you declare you dont have a passport. Then the teacher fills in the form and you send them together with your birth certificate to SLC.
    thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No, no. The form is 2 sided.
    You fill out the side that is entitled Birth/Adoption Certificate form, and you get someone to complete the other side which is the Identity Confirmation form. If you download it from the website it is 2 pages.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenmile)
    No, no. The form is 2 sided.
    You fill out the side that is entitled Birth/Adoption Certificate form, and you get someone to complete the other side which is the Identity Confirmation form. If you download it from the website it is 2 pages.
    so i dont need to fill out 2 seperate forms? just the 2 sided form? and do i still have to include a letter saying i dont have a passport?

(love your location,lol )
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No, you don't need a letter, just the 2 sided form.

Well, I'm not too far from the water tower!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 2, 2007
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.