The Student Room Group

Lancaster vs Exeter

I'm planning to study Undergrad History. Out of the two Uni's, what are the Pros and Cons and what would you recommend?
Original post by JodieJade
I'm planning to study Undergrad History. Out of the two Uni's, what are the Pros and Cons and what would you recommend?

Place-wise Exeter.

Course-wise - I'd look at the modules and check which you prefer. I know Exeter has a strong History department but you need to check you like the course :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Place-wise Exeter.

Course-wise - I'd look at the modules and check which you prefer. I know Exeter has a strong History department but you need to check you like the course :smile:

The courses at both are literally on par with one another. My main worry is would I find myself out of my depth at Exeter. I've heard some stories about people falling behind, and then not having the support to catch up!
The courses at both are literally on par with one another. My main worry is would I find myself out of my depth at Exeter. I've heard some stories about people falling behind, and then not having the support to catch up!

I've not heard about this from ex-students. Was this in History?
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
I've not heard about this from ex-students. Was this in History?

Yep. I've also heard it about the University in general. Although I'm sure to take this with a pinch of salt.
Yep. I've also heard it about the University in general. Although I'm sure to take this with a pinch of salt.

A very large pinch of salt.

I assume you mean your offer is for Exeter 's main campus at Streatham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Their degree completion rate is high so I don't think you need worry.
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
A very large pinch of salt.

I assume you mean your offer is for Exeter 's main campus at Streatham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is. :smile:
Yes it is. :smile:

In that case I would give Exeter the edge. That is partly personal (modules offered) and partly due to the fact that I like some of the Exeter staff eg Black and Overy.

The environments are quite different - have you visited both?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by ageshallnot
In that case I would give Exeter the edge. That is partly personal (modules offered) and partly due to the fact that I like some of the Exeter staff eg Black and Overy.

The environments are quite different - have you visited both?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not Lancaster yet - I am visiting there shortly.
Not Lancaster yet - I am visiting there shortly.

Decide after that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending