The Student Room Group

Armed Forces

I want to join the Armed Forces, is it tough like to get in, what's training like?

Cheers.
not as tough as when you get shot in the spine but dont die and become paralyzed for the rest of ur life
Reply 2
Original post by imsoanonymous123
not as tough as when you get shot in the spine but dont die and become paralyzed for the rest of ur life

If he wants to join don't stop him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by davidb9966
If he wants to join don't stop him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im not
Reply 4
im not

I know you don't, but it sounds like it, you are writing the worst case scenario when he just asks for advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yh there are good things about the army. You will get super fit and probably meet some of the best friends of your life there but it is risky and you do have to be aware of the risks

You joining the infantry?
Original post by cbreef
You joining the infantry?

no
no

What then?
Original post by Awais_
I want to join the Armed Forces, is it tough like to get in, what's training like?

Cheers.

Roles in the armed forces vary massively in terms of required fitness, training length, risk, etc. what where you considering joining as?

I'm starting basic training for the Royal Marines in a few weeks, so if you've got any questions about what's involved with that I'd be happy to answer them
Reply 9
Original post by Prince_fancybum
Roles in the armed forces vary massively in terms of required fitness, training length, risk, etc. what where you considering joining as?

I'm starting basic training for the Royal Marines in a few weeks, so if you've got any questions about what's involved with that I'd be happy to answer them

I'm thinking of joining as an officer provided I meet the requirements, if not, as a soldier.
I think an officer would be better for me.
What leadership skills do you have? You'll potentially have the lives of soldiers in your hands so officer selection is very tough.
Anyway like I asked before what role were you wanting to go into, ie engineers, paras, Coms, etc?

My field of knowledge lies mostly with the marines as that's what I'm going into. I know that there's only one intake of young officers every year, and that less than 1% off applicants will start training. So bear in mind there's a lot of work to do before you apply.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest