The Student Room Group

I am stomped on a case study

Please help I am struggling with a case study

What are the key issues in this case study?Who should be contacted as part of the assessment?What are the ethical and value issues in this case study?What support do the family require?Brian (35) and Jenny (33) are married with 2 children (Maggie age 4& Paul age 9). They live in a 6 bedroom house in a wealthy part of town.Brian and Jenny have been having increased marital problems over the past 6months, which has included very heated arguments resulting in police call outs.The contacts with police have all been over the past 5 months, on 6 separateoccasions. The family came to police attention due to neighbours hearingshouting. On each occasion the police attended the house, all family memberswere in a state of distress. Jenny had a bruised eye on the most recent policecall out and Paul was heard shouting ‘daddy hit mummy!’ This prompted police tomake a referral to the local safeguarding team. This is not the first referralmade in recent months. Paul’s school has also raised concerns, following adisclosure by Paul that he witnessed his father hitting his mother severalmonths ago. There was a brief investigation but no further action was taken dueto lack of evidence and no previous history of problems. The Social Worker whoundertook the assessment noted that Brian was very cooperative during theassessment but Jenny was unwilling to talk to any professionals. It wasrecommended that the couple attend a voluntary course of couple counselling –this never happened. Brian has been unemployed for13 months. He is a highly qualified engineer in the construction industry andhas never been unemployed before. He also lost his mother 11 months ago from along illness, which put a lot of pressure on the family as she was a majorsupport. He has no other close relatives. The family has a limited supportnetwork. Jenny has a part time cleaning job, having never worked before, butthe family are just surviving financially and are on benefits for the firsttime. They are in mortgage arrears and are facing eviction from the home theyhave lived in for 12 years. Brian has recently signed-on and is attending agovernment work programme. Jenny is encouraging him to attend a post-graduatecourse in engineering, which they can get a loan for. Brian is reluctantbecause he wants to return to work as soon as possible. The local Social Worksafeguarding team are undertaking an assessment following the police referral.
I'm doing thing this same case study.

i can give some help and tips.

Quick Reply

Latest