The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Mechanical Engineering with Foundation Year

Hi guys!

I've received an offer from Brunel with integrated foundation year. However, I've also got offers from Kingston and Greenwich without FY. I'm confident ill be able to match the offers from all universities. My questions are:

Is it worth doing the foundation year at Brunel over the other two universities?

How is foundation year in general and is it easy or hard to get into the degree program?
Original post by abuabdzul
Hi guys!

I've received an offer from Brunel with integrated foundation year. However, I've also got offers from Kingston and Greenwich without FY. I'm confident ill be able to match the offers from all universities. My questions are:

Is it worth doing the foundation year at Brunel over the other two universities?

How is foundation year in general and is it easy or hard to get into the degree program?

Hey!

Congratulations on your offer with the University of Greenwich :smile:

A Foundation Year can also known as a 'Year 0' which is a year that helps the student prepare for University level study. It could be seen as a 'generic' year depending on the institution. Our University covers some introduction into the modules that you would study in your first year (in FY) - just touching on the subjects. We would have modules covering Personal Development too, to ensure that you are ready to go into Year 1 of your degree.

So it's entirely up to you, in regards to what you think is best for you. :h:

I hope this helps! Let us know if you need anything.

Tasnim
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending