The Student Room Group

what sort of salary can i expect at PwC working in technology?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MC_booSack
you guys are just getting desparate now. you seriously expect me to believe that a company knew they were going to be bought out / close down in the next few days (something that takes months, perhaps years) and still gave him the offer? they didn't even announce the takeover? yawn. you're talking absolute horse-sh;t lol.don't get your hopes up, this is a pretty huge firm - can assure you nothing of the sort will happen. the 37 G's is secured, my man.

nope, it's common sense. the more you apply to the higher your chances are. worked in getting me an internship, and has worked for securing this grad scheme. i have probably applied to ~35 IB's / asset managers since september.

i'm guessing you still haven't commenced on your job hunt yet lol

haha you're clearly jealous that i'm going to be making mad papes. like i said, i can be a billionaire in the next 2-3 years if i release my mobile app and it blows up.

stay broke stay bitter stay breezy brah.

- el chapo jr.

I said merger. Yes they announced it.

That company is called Pfizer. You may have heard of them?

I have actually, secured an internship in consulting.
Since when was a 37k salary in the investment banking section anything to brag about...?

Aldi grad gives 42k...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrincePauper
Since when was a 37k salary in the investment banking section anything to brag about...?

Aldi grad gives 42k...

Posted from TSR Mobile

LMAO the savagery

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aldi used to be 40k + an audi company car when i graduated many moons ago.

I also heard from two (yes, anecdotal) that they worked you like dogs in an unpleasant environment, also not sure how great pay progression was.

Also, supply chain is yawnsville
Original post by OPSthrowaway

I also heard from two (yes, anecdotal) that they worked you like dogs in an unpleasant environment, also not sure how great pay progression was.

Yes, it's £42,000 starting now plus the car rising to £70,000 over a few years. I have heard the same as well though about the work environment and very long hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by will2348
Yes, it's £42,000 starting now plus the car rising to £70,000 over a few years. I have heard the same as well though about the work environment and very long hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

70k after a few years is bloody good to be honest (better than big 4 consulting), wouldn't have expected that - I bet they get their pound of flesh though, given that grad schemes for similar companies dont compare.
Original post by MC_booSack
you need 35K minimum to live well in central london, and on september I will finally taste that lifestyle.

You might find a 1 bed in zone 2, if you're lucky. You're pretty dilusional if you think you're gonna be living in Kensington on your grad salary.

An investment banking MD can earn millions each year. No way people can earn that much at Aldi unless they are at the top top. Aldi is just paying one grad 40k to do two persons' job. Their grads have complained about it.
OP reminds me of a friend of mine who is so proud of being paid 33k (roughly) and working in operations at Goldman Sachs.
Original post by Samantha303
OP reminds me of a friend of mine who is so proud of being paid 33k (roughly) and working in operations at Goldman Sachs.

Ops tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Samantha303

Proud and showing off are different. 33k compared to some grads starting at 21k isn't bad at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's bad about ops though? The salary is still really good.
Original post by hoping4thebest

The work is dull

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hoping4thebest

You can paid a lot more in big4 audit and the ability for promotion is probably a bit better.
Original post by Princepieman
The work is dull

Posted from TSR Mobile

^This as well, although most 'normal' jobs in the world are pretty dull.
Reply 134
Original post by Trapz99
You can paid a lot more in big4 audit and the ability for promotion is probably a bit better.

^This as well, although most 'normal' jobs in the world are pretty dull.

that's like a synonym for dull.
The work is dull

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most work that is repetitive can be dull, and what job isn't repetitive to some degree?
The work is dull

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats subjective. Most people in ops probably do enjoy it. Otherwise, they could have chosen other jobs that pay around the same range, like accounting.
70k after a few years is bloody good to be honest (better than big 4 consulting), wouldn't have expected that - I bet they get their pound of flesh though, given that grad schemes for similar companies dont compare.

I think by the time you make Senior Consultant/Manager by 26/27 at Big 4, you'll be on £75K a year roughly. Obviously assuming you're good at your job. And I'm sure the work involved in Big 4 Consulting is far better than working at Aldi.

Although you're right, would never have expected £70k after a few years at Aldi. Wonder what you'd have to be doing to get that haha.
Original post by Fas
I think by the time you make Senior Consultant/Manager by 26/27 at Big 4, you'll be on £75K a year roughly. Obviously assuming you're good at your job. And I'm sure the work involved in Big 4 Consulting is far better than working at Aldi.

Although you're right, would never have expected £70k after a few years at Aldi. Wonder what you'd have to be doing to get that haha.

Looking at an article posted here not too long ago, talking about senior consultant salaries, that figure looks a bit over inflated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrincePauper
Looking at an article posted here not too long ago, talking about senior consultant salaries, that figure looks a bit over inflated

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would it be possible if you could link me to that article?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending