The Student Room Group

***Grow Your Grades 2016****

Grow Your Grades 2016

Need some motivation to get your grades where you want? Grow Your Grades is BACK! Everyone is welcome to enter, whether you're looking to improve just one subject you're struggling with or you want to improve all your grades. :h:

Keep us all updated about how you're progressing in that subject through your blog and share with the TSR community your high and low points, strategies for success, latest assessments, and get help and feedback!

Why should I enter?

Our Study Help team will be on hand to give you hints and tips on how to improve, along with help and motivation from the rest of TSR

Improve on your weakest subject to prepare for your exams

Share your experiences and gain advice from other participants

On top of improving your grades, there's going to be great prizes for the entrants who keep the best blog, PLUS mini prizes throughout the competition to keep motivation levels up!
How to enter:

The closing date for entries is 15th February 2016

Reply to this thread to express your interest (remember to mention your goals!)

Set up your blog here

PM Tank Girl when you've got your blog set up

The competition ends on GCSE Results day 2016

Useful resources on TSR which can help you:
Study Help Forums
Study Planner
A* at A-Level Question Thread
Beating Stress at College

If you want to improve your grades and have the chance to win great prizes, then enter here and start your blog!

Please keep this thread just for entries, head over to our discussion thread for chat
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

WOO! I'm so excited about this!!
I already started a study blog in September, would I be able to have it moved to the "Grow Your Grades" forum? :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Laurasaur
WOO! I'm so excited about this!!
I already started a study blog in September, would I be able to have it moved to the "Grow Your Grades" forum? :biggrin:

Yes of course! :h: I'll do that now for you

Could you PM the URL please? I can't find it :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Could I enter? Im in year 13 and receving offers for unis so I want to motivate myself as my AS grades were :poo::poo::poo:
Reply 4
Original post by James2810
Could I enter? Im in year 13 and receving offers for unis so I want to motivate myself as my AS grades were :poo::poo::poo:

Yes definitely :smile:

You just need to create a thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1147
setting out what you want to achieve and away you go! :h:
I'm entering! Excited:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you enter?
I will be entering!! Need some motivation :smile:
goals - AAAA
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Yes it's finally up and running!
So of course I'm here to enter the competition :biggrin:
First off a little bit about myself...
So I'm in year 11 and part of the already stressed out GCSE students :redface:
My grades at the moment are sort of all over the place, I know I am lacking in science at the moment and hope to grow my grade hugely!
I hope to jump from a C which I'm on now to an A, I know if I push myself I will be able to achieve this. Many of my other subjects I'm sitting on Bs and hope to grow them all to strong confident As & A*s
Let's go :tongue:
Hello! I'm so glad that this blog is now up and running, I just joined TSR a month or so ago and was disappointed when I saw the other one had finished! It's such a great idea; very motivational!

I'm currently in Year 11 and am sitting my GCSE's this year!

These are the subjects I have this year. My teachers target grades and my personal target grades are listed respectively:

Business Studies: A- A*
English Literature: A= A*
French: B= A
History: A- A*
Maths: A= A
Biology: A= A*
Chemistry: A= A*
Physics: A= A*

I also have my Media Studies GCSE exam which I have a B in and my English Language GCSE result which I got an A in (and literally just received the result on Tuesday!)

I'd love to enter!
will enter
Reply 11
I'm an AS student and I'd love to enter! I've been waiting for this to re-start for a while now, great to hear it is :tongue:

In short: my goals are to achieve 4 As at AS, then 3 A*s at A-Level and go on to study medicine.

I'll be starting my thread soon! :smile:
How do you set up the blog? I clicked the link and then post new thread but it wouldn't allow me to post.. :/ I'm pretty new to the website so I haven't quite gotten to grips with it!
Going to enter! Carrying on from last year with the same aim - to improve my grades and my attitude towards school. I have still got a long way to go! :biggrin:

Goals (based on my most recent report):

Maths (6) - 6
English (6) - 5
Chemistry (A) - B
Biology (A) - B
Physics (A) - A
Geography (A) - A*
History (B) - A
French (C) - D
Religious Studies (C) - B
ICT (C) - B
- = Grade achieved
() = Target Grade
Green = Above TG/Yellow = Achieved TG/Red = Below TG
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by spiritless98
I'm entering! Excited:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, should be amazing. I hope we can help you achieve what you want. Start your blog here by just setting up a thread and then make regular posts saying what you're doing and how it's going:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1147
Original post by katerebecca
How do you set up the blog? I clicked the link and then post new thread but it wouldn't allow me to post.. :/ I'm pretty new to the website so I haven't quite gotten to grips with it!

You need to register to post - so maybe you need to register? It's completely free.
Original post by Kozmo
I'm an AS student and I'd love to enter! I've been waiting for this to re-start for a while now, great to hear it is :tongue:

In short: my goals are to achieve 4 As at AS, then 3 A*s at A-Level and go on to study medicine.

I'll be starting my thread soon! :smile:

I look forward to reading it - sounds like your ambitions are super-high!
Original post by scrawlx101
will enter

Brilliant. It doesn't matter what grades you're aiming for - it's all about improvement.
Original post by _Hafsa
My grades at the moment are sort of all over the place, I know I am lacking in science at the moment and hope to grow my grade hugely!
I hope to jump from a C which I'm on now to an A, I know if I push myself I will be able to achieve this. Many of my other subjects I'm sitting on Bs and hope to grow them all to strong confident As & A*s

Great attitude! Good luck!
Original post by Pentaquark
I will be entering!! Need some motivation :smile:
goals - AAAA

We all need motivation - if Grow your Grades helps then we've done a good job - get blogging!

Original post by _Hafsa

Maybe make this the first post in your blog????

Original post by katerebecca
Hello! I'm so glad that this blog is now up and running, I just joined TSR a month or so ago and was disappointed when I saw the other one had finished! It's such a great idea; very motivational!

I'm currently in Year 11 and am sitting my GCSE's this year!

These are the subjects I have this year. My teachers target grades and my personal target grades are listed respectively:

Business Studies: A- A*
English Literature: A= A*
French: B= A
History: A- A*
Maths: A= A
Biology: A= A*
Chemistry: A= A*
Physics: A= A*

I also have my Media Studies GCSE exam which I have a B in and my English Language GCSE result which I got an A in (and literally just received the result on Tuesday!)

I'd love to enter!

We'd love to hear your story too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending