The Student Room Group

Rate constant of phenol and sodium hydroxide

Hi, im wondering if anyone have the kinetics or rate constant for phenol and sodium hydroxide reaction. i need them values to do my design project. hope someone could help me with this. thank you.
Hey, for phenol, it's pka is 9.9 and for NaOH, the enthalpy change of formation is -425.6 KJ per mol and the total entropy is 64.5 J per mol per Kelvin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thank you Player BB! and im sorry for the late reply. i thot i did reply before but when i checked this time it wasnt there. but regarding the problem, i think i still need the value of the rate constant :frown: but anyway, thanks again
Original post by afz27
Thank you Player BB! and im sorry for the late reply. i thot i did reply before but when i checked this time it wasnt there. but regarding the problem, i think i still need the value of the rate constant :frown: but anyway, thanks again

Hey, you're welcome :smile: and if you still need it, I can still send it to you!
Reply 4
You have the value? yeah. if its not a burden i would appreciate it if you would share it with me :smile: Thanks!
Original post by afz27
You have the value? yeah. if its not a burden i would appreciate it if you would share it with me :smile: Thanks!

Hey, sorry for the late reply! I couldn't find the value of the rate constant for Sodium hydroxide, but as I have told you, for phenol, its' pKa is 9.9 and its' Ka is 1.3*10^-10
Reply 6
May I have the value too?

Quick Reply

Latest