The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Do you mean the question that said 'describe how a vaccine causes the production of antibodies?'

I just put that vaccines contain antigens, which stimulate helper T cells which stimulate B cells to divide by clonal selection into plasma cells. Plasma cells produce many antibodies rapidly

i thought it said how does giving a vaccine make some one immune not production of antibodys
Original post by Enderbat1999
i thought it said how does giving a vaccine make some one immune not production of antibodys

No it definitely was in relation to the production of antibodies rather than becoming immune, but i'm sure that if you wrote about how someone becomes immune you will have mentioned the same points just a bit extra then required

Do you have paper 2 of the set 2 questions by any chance? Thanks
Was it pointing to the cristae or the matrix for that microscope question?
Is there a second Paper 2 Specimen?
Original post by Workangel_24
Found this cheat sheet to be helpful so thought I would share it with you all!

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/38bb12855aaf1a2bcb5a9016a/files/The_AS_Biology_Cheat_Sheet_Taiored_Tutors.pdf

Can you get an A2 one please
Could anyone send me paper 2 from the second set of specimens?
Original post by abielcool
Can you get an A2 one please

Sorry I only have the AS but if you visit their website: Tailored Tutors I think you will be able to get A2 resources but you have to pay for it.
Original post by roobedoo
Is there a second Paper 2 Specimen?

http://postimg.org/gallery/2naaf9on6/ - Paper 2 Second Set
Does anyone have the actual question papers and mark schemes for set 2 specimen papers? My teacher hasn't given me access to them :frown:
Nah I specifically remember the word antibodies! I remember writing about the Plasma cells producing them... Writing about someone becoming immune would probably get you the marks though as that entails the production of antibodies!
Original post by sameer99
when i plotted the graph i put the rate on y-axis and when i labelled it i put in brackets(x10^-3) and wrote my numbers as 1 to 4

I did exactly the same, as I couldn't work out another way to plot the standard form figures!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 633
Hey Everyone, I remember there was a question about stating the differences between a phospholipid and a "triglyceride"? or was it "glycerol"?
Do you always use a tangent to work out a rate of reaction?
Reply 635
Does bacteria have RNA. I know a virus does.
Reply 636
You had to state the difference between a phospholipid and a triglyceride.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 637
Original post by H_MO
You had to state the difference between a phospholipid and a triglyceride.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats alright then I'm save thx
Original post by Workangel_24

That is paper 1, i asked for Paper 2 second setimage.png
Original post by BadundeBrian
That is paper 1, i asked for Paper 2 second setimage.png

Paper 2 Second Set - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=539829&d=1464422933

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending