The Student Room Group

how do you tell your NEW boyfriend you tested positive for chlamydia?

First off - I want to start this off as can people please not judge. We all make mistakes.I've started seeing this guy, we've been seeing each other for about a week now and yes, okay, we've slept together. We slept together three times. Before I started seeing him around 2 weeks ago I did a chlamydia test because I slept with someone in November and around December time I though okay I should get checked out. I had no symptoms or anything but in women it doesn't come up.

Before the new guy and me slept together he did say to me "i don't have any condoms" to which I replied "I'm not going to get pregnant, I have the implant" I assumed that my test would be negative because it had been over two weeks and I hadn't heard anything and I've never had anything before.

However the test came back positive so I went to the clinic, got the tablets and so by next Wednesday I shall be fine. HOWEVER I now have to tell the new boyfriend as we have slept together three times without a condom.. I just don't know how to tell him.. Or if I even should? Like what are the chances that I have even given it to him?
You need to tell him, or you risk his long term health. All you need to do is be honest and explain, you'll be fine
If you don't want to be entirely honest, you could spin it as 'an ex has told me they have chlamydia and I think I should test'.

Then you can have a quick result come through or, better, you can both test. Unless he's tested, neither of you know if the new partner has anything. He was prepared to have condom-less sex with sex with you, and anyone old enough to have sex should know that it carries additional risks. Some people either don't know they have something - like you - or they keep quiet about it.
Oh, and until he's tested, having sex without condoms with him is not a great idea - if he does have it, you risk being reinfected.
I think what unprinted said was good, say an ex has told you he's tested positive. Please don't keep it from him for too long as it can make infertile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
If you don't tell him, and he has caught it from you, he can re-infect you after you've been treated. Bad all around.
Reply 6
you've been dating a week, slept together three times, he's your boyfriend and now you've given him an STD you caught from a guy you slept with just under a month ago.

you should really learn to control yourself lmao
Tell him. Otherwise, you'll catch it back off him when you have sex again.

It's not like you cheated on him, it was before him and you only just got checked. This will allow him to get tested and you can start your relationship clean and safe together.

If you can't discuss sex openly, you shouldn't be doing it.

Quick Reply

Latest