The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Eastbourne Campus?

Anyone studied at the Eastbourne campus? What's it like? Did you like it? How's the nightlife? Anyone else going/maybe going to the Eastbourne campus? :smile:
Hi Paige,

My name is Sophie and I am a Senior Student Ambassador for the University of Brighton.

Eastbourne is a lovely spot in the world, night life has a good vibe to it as Eastbourne holds quite a few thousand students.

The town has five theatres, two cinemas and four shopping centres and some music and art festivals through pout the year.

The campus itself is pretty modern and bright, full of character.

Have you considered visiting the campus?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Hi,I'm also gonna live there and I have exactly the same questions.A friend of mine who live in the city of Brighton told me that it's like a small village and if you want to live a BIG life you should in brighton and to be honest I'm a little bit freaked out after that because I don't want to live in a boring place so could please someone tell me about life there?
Reply 3
Original post by sophie__dickson
Hi Paige,

My name is Sophie and I am a Senior Student Ambassador for the University of Brighton.

Eastbourne is a lovely spot in the world, night life has a good vibe to it as Eastbourne holds quite a few thousand students.

The town has five theatres, two cinemas and four shopping centres and some music and art festivals through pout the year.

The campus itself is pretty modern and bright, full of character.

Have you considered visiting the campus?

Hey thanks for the info! Yes I'm going to an applicant day next month to check it out :smile: It sounds nice and I love that Brighton is only about a 30 min train journey away! I live about that from Brighton but the opposite way so I was curious if Eastbourne was going to be similar to the town I live in :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by mariettamar
Hi,I'm also gonna live there and I have exactly the same questions.A friend of mine who live in the city of Brighton told me that it's like a small village and if you want to live a BIG life you should in brighton and to be honest I'm a little bit freaked out after that because I don't want to live in a boring place so could please someone tell me about life there?

Brighton isn't really like a city itself imo it's more like a big town :biggrin: It has a pretty good (but expensive!!) nightlife. The only thing about Brighton I would worry about is the higher prices :/ I was pretty disheartened when I saw my course wasn't on the Brighton campus and further from home but now I'm starting to like the look of Eastbourne :smile: I'm going to an open day next month to look at Eastbourne and I'll tell you how it is if you like :smile:
Original post by Paige48
Brighton isn't really like a city itself imo it's more like a big town :biggrin: It has a pretty good (but expensive!!) nightlife. The only thing about Brighton I would worry about is the higher prices :/ I was pretty disheartened when I saw my course wasn't on the Brighton campus and further from home but now I'm starting to like the look of Eastbourne :smile: I'm going to an open day next month to look at Eastbourne and I'll tell you how it is if you like :smile:

thank you:smile:
Original post by Paige48
Anyone studied at the Eastbourne campus? What's it like? Did you like it? How's the nightlife? Anyone else going/maybe going to the Eastbourne campus? :smile:

Hey, Istudied in Eastbourne for 4 years and loved it! The campus itself is small butthere is still plenty to do 3 student nights and loads of daytime activates. Whatare you thinking of studying?Hopethis helps.https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/VNL8QKFI’d appreciate it so much if you could fill out this survey –its only 9 questions and will take a couple of minutes. It’s all about improvingand making new events in Eastbourne so could help you out!
Reply 7
Original post by Paige48

Hi! how/when did you find out about the campus? I got an offer but it only mentions Brighton University not the campus itself... Brighton is my firm choice so I really want to know in which campus I'll be based
Hi, If you go to ucas form you will see that your subject take place in that campus..for example mine said campus C!
Original post by steff85
Hi! how/when did you find out about the campus? I got an offer but it only mentions Brighton University not the campus itself... Brighton is my firm choice so I really want to know in which campus I'll be based
Hi everyone! I grew up in Eastbourne - lived there for 18 years before I left for university, so I'm probably one of the best placed people to speak about it!

Eastbourne is a beautiful, seaside town which is most enjoyable in summer, rather than winter. The population is approximately 100,000, with the demographic being mostly old white British people, although there are lots of eastern Europeans and other nationalities who live in and around the town centre. The local politician is Conservative, although the town was Liberal Democrat before this. Nice areas are Roselands (Where I lived), Meads, Old Town and Hampden Park is ok. (The University of Brighton is based in the Meads area). Areas to avoid are places such as Shinewater, the town centre (St Anthony's) and certain parts of Langney. The Sovereign Harbour is a fairly recent development and is home to lots of modern flats and town houses. Property is typically quite expensive, being down south, although cheaper than neighbouring Brighton.

During summer there are lots of local events such as the air show (Airbourne), and the seafront is lovely to walk or cycle along. The seafront is home to canoeing and surfing lessons and other water sports. You can go on boat rides around Beachy Head (The local white chalk cliffs) and the lighthouse there. There are also the south downs which give a lovely view across the town.

For shopping, at the moment Brighton is the best place to go - it is only roughly 30 minutes from Eastbourne by train, with services running into the early hours of the morning. Eastbourne is potentially getting a new shopping centre in the coming years though, and big retailers are said to be interested. There are lots of take-aways all over the town, and of course, the best fish & chips belong by the seaside!!!

For nightlife, Easbourne probably isn't the best, despite what the Uni of Brighton ambassador tells you (Remember, they are there to persuade you into going there!!). If you're looking to have a wild time at university, Brighton will offer more nightlife and fun than Eastbourne. There are just a few clubs in the town centre, but other than that not much else going on.

I hope this gives you a nice outline to the town. Is there anything else anybody would like to know??? :smile:
Reply 10
Campus C? C stands for???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by mariettamar
Hi, If you go to ucas form you will see that your subject take place in that campus..for example mine said campus C!

C stands for??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I just checked again and my ucas letter doesn't show any letter... what your c stands for?
Reply 13
Original post by steff85

Hey sorry I didn't see all these replies! Search your course title or code on the university's website and it should say on the course's page what campus it is located on :smile:

Thanks everyone for the replies, I think I'm going to accept my place :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Paige48
Hey sorry I didn't see all these replies! Search your course title or code on the university's website and it should say on the course's page what campus it is located on :smile:

Thanks everyone for the replies, I think I'm going to accept my place :biggrin:

Thanks but this is not what I asked for :frown: they teach nursing in three different campus (falmer, hastings and eastbourn) and I still don't know in which one I ll be studying. At the selection day they asked if we were willing to put second choices as falmer was getting close to be full, so I did because I really wanted to get in that uni. They made an unconditional offer but I still don't know where about I ll be based... I really hope falmer!!
Reply 15
Original post by steff85
Thanks but this is not what I asked for :frown: they teach nursing in three different campus (falmer, hastings and eastbourn) and I still don't know in which one I ll be studying. At the selection day they asked if we were willing to put second choices as falmer was getting close to be full, so I did because I really wanted to get in that uni. They made an unconditional offer but I still don't know where about I ll be based... I really hope falmer!!

Ah sorry I have no idea then I'm afraid :frown: Hopefully you find out soon!
As mentioned above, Eastbourne IS a quieter town, but it's not all bad. There are student nights etc going on and there is a regular bus (12x, takes about 45mins/1hr) or train service into Brighton. There is also a night bus back to Eastbourne from Brighton (N12 -
http://www.buses.co.uk/travel/service.aspx?serviceid=1253). You'll easily be able to go out at the weekend in Brighton using these services, and during the week will be in a much cheaper town to live in!
Original post by steff85

it'll be falmer
hastings has been closed down and the all the nurses have moved to falmer
Original post by Paige48

the nightlife gets boring two months in
i'd suggest one you settle in, within your friendship group plan trips to brighton at least monthly. It's a specific club for specific nights in Eastbournes hence it gets a bit boring
Friday nights are meant to be the best at TJ's but it's always so packed like youre being shoved and the bouncers are pricks
Not to put you off but the uni is really good in its teaching and I guess freshers was quite lit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending