The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

A Few Questions to Ask: Geology & Phy. Geo

Hello! ^.^ I just needed to get some questions answered about Edinburgh and some courses :smile:

1) Is the Geology and Physical Geography department good?
2) The course I'm interested in is Geology and Phy. Geo. but I really want to do languages too... So is it possible to do that joint course and Japanese? or Chinese with it?
3) What Jobs can I get if I get a degree in Geology and Phy. Geo?
4) Lastly, I'm most interested in Formations and Natural Disasters (Tsunamis etc.) and Volcanos... This is the right course right? I know I'm in 5th year, but I need to know for selecting my subjects for 6th yr ^.^

I loooove learning Asian Languages but I also love the Phy side of Geography so I've been stuck on which one to choose or if I can put them together :smile: Thank you!
1. Yes

2. Yes, but only for the first two years. Click here to see the degree structure. Edinburgh does also have a language centre where you could learn an Asian language, but this is an extracurricular activity and is done is your spare time.

3. With a geology degree you could work for civil service, local government, banking, business, media, NGOs, charities, engineering companies, the oil sector and a hundred other things.

4. See degree structure link, it lists available modules.
(edited 8 years ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
1. Yes

2. Yes, but only for the first two years. Click here to see the degree structure. Edinburgh does also have a language centre where you could learn an Asian language, but this is an extracurricular activity and is done is your spare time.

3. With a geology degree you could work for civil service, local government, banking, business, media, NGOs, charities, engineering companies, the oil sector and a hundred other things.

4. See degree structure link, it lists available modules.

Those links are extremely helpful! Thank you so much ^.^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending