The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL vs Durham

I have an offer for Liberal Arts (studying English and Classics) at both KCL and Durham. I'm an international student so I don't know what their reputations are really like, but I hear Durham is supposedly better for my subjects compared to KCL, but KCL is in London so everything is within easy reach? Some advice for each would be appreciated, especially if it's related to the subject departments/teaching quality/feedback quality. Thanks!
Original post by cerberuswolfeyes
I have an offer for Liberal Arts (studying English and Classics) at both KCL and Durham. I'm an international student so I don't know what their reputations are really like, but I hear Durham is supposedly better for my subjects compared to KCL, but KCL is in London so everything is within easy reach? Some advice for each would be appreciated, especially if it's related to the subject departments/teaching quality/feedback quality. Thanks!

I would say Durham is a better uni in general and better in your course. Durham has better national prestige while KCL has better international prestige and is part of the 'golden triangle'.

Its hard to judge quality of teaching as its pretty subjective, one method will work for some students and another method for others, I would go visit both if you can to get a feel of them as they are both very different, Kings is a city Uni in the middle of one of Europes largest urban centres while the other is pretty much in the middle of nowhere with the university being the dominant part of the town.

Overall both are very good unis (at least top 12 in the UK) and wherever you go you will get a great education.

Hope this helps.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
If you would like to leave the UK someday, then, KCL, because it is international known. In contrast to Durham University, which is only known in the UK (correct me if I am wrong).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest