The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam Early Primary Education Interview

Scroll to see replies

I have my interview tomorrow. I have a written reference from the school I attend for work experience but it's not on the reference form which they wanted. I have only just released as I have taken this to all my interviews and didn't think about it. This is completely my fault but does anyone think they will accept my written reference?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by AdamTroake
I have my interview tomorrow. I have a written reference from the school I attend for work experience but it's not on the reference form which they wanted. I have only just released as I have taken this to all my interviews and didn't think about it. This is completely my fault but does anyone think they will accept my written reference?

Hii Adam :smile:,

Thanks for getting in touch! Really hope your interview goes/has gone ok today!!! If you have any further questions like this get in touch with the university - here is a link !

Good luck Adam!

Maya Rafferty
(Student Ambassador)
Original post by Splodger1
Best of luck to anyone who's going to an interview, I had mine on Monday and found out about 6 hours ago that they have offered me a place!

My teaching task was based around how to convert a number into binary and how to convert a binary number back into a normal number (not the most interesting thing I know) but it went down quite well, they said it was quite different and adventurous. Others in my group taught sign language, how to tie a knot and making paper airplanes.

It seems like the questions in the individual interview are similar for everyone;

Why do you want to be a teacher (In 2 sentences)?
Weaknesses/challenges that you might face
What you could bring to teaching (specific skills/passions etc)
An example of when you have shown resilience

The maths and English exams aren't really anything to worry about, there are some difficult questions but I saw my marked answer sheet on the table when I was having my individual interview, I had gotten quite a few questions wrong but they didn't bring that up and offered me a place so I wouldn't worry too much about them.

Having all the paper work will definitely score you bonus points, I had all my paper work, including the reference form and declaration sheet which seemed to go down very well.

Good luck to any of you attending an interview soon, don't stress about it too much, I found it was one of my most relaxing interviews.

Hello!

Thank you for getting in touch on here - it is always so great to hear from prospective students and I am sure others have found your post really useful :biggrin:!!

Good Luck!

Maya Rafferty
(Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending