The Student Room Group

My teacher had a breakdown

So today in Science someone was talking and my teacher completely flipped and fully shouted then after she stopped and started crying and crouched down.
5 seconds later she ran out of the classroom. If you were me (sat at the front right near her desk) what would you have done?
I feel really bad because I didn't help her :frown:
people need time alone sometimes and personally i think there wasnt much you could of done to help
maybe you can tell someone like another teacher?:redface:
While I feel bad for her, she is the one in charge of you and you shouldn't be expected to deal with something like that, also it's possible that any intervention would have just have exacerbated the situation so personally I think you did the right thing. You can try to speak to her about it the next time you see her but tread lightly as she is probably embarrassed and it may not be your place as a pupil :h:
If you didn't actively torment her or misbehave then don't feel bad you did nothing wrong, teaching is not an easy profession and it can be very overwhelming not everyone can cope having to deal with unruly children. It's not your fault.
at least she didn't hit one of your classmates with a lump of iron...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/apr/26/dumbbell-attack-teacher-student-die
Reply 5
My maths teacher once started crying and left the classroom too. Poor thing, people gave her a really hard time. Eventually left the school after working there for 2/3 years...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
my chem teacher started crying while shouting at us one by one over our ****ty exam results

it's okay it happens, people get stressed out, they're only human

idk bout you but when I cry in front of people i wouldn't want loads of people asking me what was wrong I think I'd rather be alone so I would've done what you did and sit there awkwardly like oh **** :K:
Reply 7
I would think "how unprofessional"
but then again.. im a hardass, so idk...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending