The Student Room Group

AQA AS Computing UKAB Need Quidance For Final Report

I am to write a report about the design of my project but do not understand what the specification wants me to produce (it seems rather vague).

Note: I have used Access and Visual Basic to do CPT3.

I completed the first step of the design and defined my data requirements e.g. Data item: ExaminerID, Data type: Long

Here are the further requirements I seem unable to write up:

2) User interface design including output, forms and reports

-Does this mean to make a hardcopy print out of each form and report
Or is it asking me to write about user friendly aspects of my project

3) Method of data entry, including validation

- is it asking me to say that I have made a form that allows new examiners and centres to be entered Or is it asking what have I done to validate each piece of data where necessary.

4) E-R diagram, table design, queries

5) Record structure, file organisation and processing

6) Security and integrity of data

7) System Design

Advice for any of the above would very helpful.

Thank you,

Skye.
Reply 1
Could I suggest a good text book!

Really there is just too much you you want help with.

I suggest going to see you tutor to find out why you haven't covered all these points.

Harsh but fair I think
Hi.

2) My teacher would repeatedly tell the class, and I mean repeatedly :rolleyes: that you start the Design section before any other section of the project. Of course, every one headed straight for Access, except for the guys who sat next to me, decding the best option was to get past the filter and access miniclip.com. So, no. The design doesn't involve hard- copies at this stage; your User Inteface Design should be hand- drawn annotated sketches of what your forms and reports will look like. You could also comment on the user- friendly aspects such as how you intend to include automation of tasks with your VBA code.
Any hard- copies you produce will probably go in the Appendix

is it asking me to say that I have made a form that allows new examiners and centres to be entered Or is it asking what have I done to validate each piece of data where necessary.

I think this question is mainly asking for validation, but just give a brief description of what the form is for, whether it's linked to other forms,etc.

4) E- R Diagram; consultant textbook

Table design; a list of all the fields in your table, including their types (comments on why you had them as this type), if you chose a specific field length for any fields(comments on why you had them as this length), etc. It's probably best to display this information in a table

Queries; talk about what the query does. I think by query design it means all the tables you used to construct the query, what fields you use, what the criteria are. Again, probably best to display the information in a table

5) Record Structure. If you have a table called customer, here's what it may look like-
- Customer(CustomerID, Title, Initials, Surname, Address 1, Address 2, Conact Telephone Number), where CustomerID would represent your primary key

File Organisation; Please consult teacher

Processing; Please see above

6) Security; passwords, user- level access (different users have different passwords so that they can only access particular parts of the system)

Integrity; this involves making sure that the data isn't corrupt. Take regular back- ups of the system. Store a back-up that is somewhere off- site

7) Recursion? :wink:
Reply 3
Thanks for your positive reply frank. It is a tremendous help, thankyou.

Latest

Trending

Trending