The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2016 (Scotland)

Has anyone heard anything back from either Edinburgh University, Strathclyde or the Glasgow School of Art? Does anyone know what the interviews are like? And does anyone know the acceptance rate for these universities?
I applied to GSA and Edinburgh as well as RGU on 12 Jan and have heard nothing back whatsoever so far, apart from requests for portfolio from GSA and for fee status assessment forms (I am not a citizen) from Edinburgh and RGU.

Best of luck. :smile:
P.S. You can see admissions stats by course on Which? Uni.

http://university.which.co.uk/search/course?utf8=%E2%9C%93&c[q]=architecture << Architecture at unis across the UK - just look for the ones you want to see.
Reply 3
Thank you! That website is so useful!
Has anyone received offers from RGU, Glasgow School of Art of Uni of Edinburgh?

This waiting is beginning to impact on my mental health. If I don't get in I have no idea what I will do next year...

Private fast-track A levels? I don't have any A levels as I'm from another country but I have done a BTEC since I've arrived in the country (art at A level was not an option at my local college).

So worried!! If I were a nail-biter I would be gnawing them to the bone!
I applied to Edinburgh, RGU, GSoA, Dundee, and Strathclyde and so far have received two offers from Edinburgh and RGU as well as had an interview for GSoA - do not fret! Give it time, everything will fall into place :smile:
Reply 6
Oooh well done! Ive got an interview for GSofA in a few weeks time now :smile: When did you apply for Edinburgh? Like when did you send your application because I heard they were doing it in order of who send their UCAS first... Ill be one of the last if thats true haha
Thanks very much :smile: the interview for GSoA is quite informal so don't sweat it; I applied to UCAS a day before the deadline so I don't think that's true what you've heard. I'm friends with a girl who sent hers in November and has only heard back from RGU, so I'm guessing it's random?
Reply 8
I have applied for Dundee, Strathclyde, Edinburgh and RGU. Havent heard anything from Strathclyde or Edinburgh. They havent even asked for a portfolio. I have a unconditional for Dundee and a conditional for RGU
Original post by Laura980
Has anyone heard anything back from either Edinburgh University, Strathclyde or the Glasgow School of Art? Does anyone know what the interviews are like? And does anyone know the acceptance rate for these universities?

I heard back from GSA, the interview was the friendliest I went to, as long as you can talk about your work then don't worry about it. They are really kind and they got back to me within a week.
Reply 10
Oh thats good, I have one next month :smile: did you have a tour on the same day of the building and do you mind if I ask how you got on :smile: thanks
Original post by Laura980
Oh thats good, I have one next month :smile: did you have a tour on the same day of the building and do you mind if I ask how you got on :smile: thanks

I had a tour and presentation of the architecture school. and they offered me a place. Find out about the city and really just know the school and your own work as much as you can and you will be fine.
Reply 12
I would not recommend Strathclyde uni especially the architecture course to anyone. If you are international student this faculty is worst. when you are applying the staff pretend to be very caring and answers emails quickly and efficiently, from the time you got it in the whole attitude change. They barely care. It is very hard to communicate with them and the way they mark assignments are very weird, you don't have the right to say anything The library is **** and they lack resources. I know people studying at GSA and i think it much better. Definitely not Strathclyde.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending