The Student Room Group

Changing courses

I have been given an offer of AAB to go to UCL to study Ancient History. I made UCL my firm because i liked the way the Ancient History course allowed you to also take some modern modules and was within the history department rather than Classics. However, i am now beggining to think i would like to swutch to the 4 year V104 course of History with a yar abroad. I am very keen to study abroad for a year and there is no Ancient course that allows this. As my interest is in all history and on v104 i will still be allowed to choose 1/3 of my modules from the Ancient course, i see it as the best resolution.

I'm aware that v104 has an entry requirement of AAA and I'm fairly confident of achieving this needing only C average in 3 subjects and B in a fourth. I think it is reasonable to preidct that i will get AAA in History, Classics and English Literature and A/B in Maths.

Is it likely that UCL History department will let me change courses. If so when would i be best advised to ask. Now, after exams or when i go in September to take up my place. If it is not likely does this mean i will probably have to take a year out and reapply?

Latest

Trending

Trending