The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Engineering Design Interview Preparation or Tips?

Hi everyone, I have got an interview coming up very soon and wondered if anyone who has already had an interview for the engineering design course could just give me a heads up of what to expect? I've got to also do a test and the group task. Any information about the day would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Hi!

I'm thinking of applying to Engineering Design at Bristol this year (I'm AS) and was wondering if you have any feedback from the interview like the sort of questions they asked and what the group project was like?

Thanks in advance, and hope your interview day went well!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Enggirl
Hi!

I'm thinking of applying to Engineering Design at Bristol this year (I'm AS) and was wondering if you have any feedback from the interview like the sort of questions they asked and what the group project was like?

Same here :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Enggirl
Hi!

Hi, I am a current student and had my interviews 4 years ago :wink: The group task we had was to build a bridge using A4 paper only and the interview was with a professor and a industrial representative.
Reply 4
Original post by Lindazx
Hi, I am a current student and had my interviews 4 years ago :wink: The group task we had was to build a bridge using A4 paper only and the interview was with a professor and a industrial representative.

Hi :smile: It's nice to be able to talk to an Eng Design student! What sort of questions do they ask at interview? Also, may sound obvious but what do you enjoy about the course? This course really appeals to me so I'm hoping I get an offer next year :biggrin: I read on Which University Guide that the offer rate was 50% but that sounds really high for a course that generally accepts less than 30 applicants per year... I'm going to the Open Day on 18 July - really looking forward to it!

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Enggirl
Hi :smile: It's nice to be able to talk to an Eng Design student! What sort of questions do they ask at interview? Also, may sound obvious but what do you enjoy about the course? This course really appeals to me so I'm hoping I get an offer next year :biggrin: I read on Which University Guide that the offer rate was 50% but that sounds really high for a course that generally accepts less than 30 applicants per year... I'm going to the Open Day on 18 July - really looking forward to it!

Thanks

I'll try to refresh my memory. They asked normal question like why do you choose engineering and why this programme. And, they asked some case study sort of questions and a little bit technical question. I remember they asked me to draw an airplane wing cross section and explain how it works. I think my answer was just ok. One of my interviewer was from aerospace industry that's why he asked this question. It is not that easy to actually prepare for this kind of questions, so just relax but make sure you have a good understanding of anything technical you mentioned to them. I quite enjoy this course. You are allowed to choose many modules that people from other departments can't choose and you would know your course mates well because of the small size of class. I am not sure about the offer rate. Perhaps not many people even discover this course when doing their research :wink: . Although we all have different personality, I think we have something in common, maybe difficult to identify, which drives us to choose this course. Good to know that you are interested in this course. I might still be around during summer. Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Hi there,
I'm about to start A2 Physics, Maths and Geography and I was wondering how to go about learning more about engineering before I start applying for courses. Has anyone got any recommendations or good sites to visit? I'm really interested in this course, it looks perfect!
Reply 7
Original post by ZWSW
Hi there,
I'm about to start A2 Physics, Maths and Geography and I was wondering how to go about learning more about engineering before I start applying for courses. Has anyone got any recommendations or good sites to visit? I'm really interested in this course, it looks perfect!

How stuff works is a good one:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending