The Student Room Group

Nottingham or Exeter

I have received offers from both Nottingham (AAB) and Exeter (ABB) for Computer Science BSc with a year in industry but I don't know which I should have as my firm choice.

If I firm Nottingham, I can have Exeter as my insurance and be happy with either university. Alternatively, I could firm Exeter, but both universities really appeal for their campus and facilities.

I will be going on visit days in February anyway to see both courses in more depth, but which of the two do you think is the better university to study at?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Broscientist
Just make up your mind AFTER you visit both and firm the one you want to go to. If you don't mind going to either one, firm the higher offer and insure the lower one.

I am a first year at Nottingham so if you have questions, I would be willing to answer them.

I know, I was just interested to get people's opinion's on the courses.
notts
Reply 4
Definitely Exeter
Reply 5
Here is my personal opinion about the weridest things that I find about Exeter's course:

1. The course does not have additional accreditations. Accreditations are a good indicator that a course delivers content relevant to industry standards and current needs.
2. There is no data about average starting salary and/or % for employment on Unistats.

I also noticed the accreditation part; would you say it is a significant advantage to have an accredited degree over a non-accredited one, when it comes to evaluating the strength of two degrees?
Just make up your mind AFTER you visit both and firm the one you want to go to. If you don't mind going to either one, firm the higher offer and insure the lower one.

I am a first year at Nottingham so if you have questions, I would be willing to answer them.

What course do you do?
Also, how far is uni of nottingham to nottingham trent...will you like share the same freshers events and stuff or is like uni of notts on a completly different side ..with different places
Reply 7
Original post by Babeydeka123
What course do you do?
Also, how far is uni of nottingham to nottingham trent...will you like share the same freshers events and stuff or is like uni of notts on a completly different side ..with different places

Same clubs, but different times during Freshers at Nottingham there were about 6 different events in different clubs per night due to the high volume of students there.
Original post by jacktrex
Same clubs, but different times during Freshers at Nottingham there were about 6 different events in different clubs per night due to the high volume of students there.

I see, is the clubs quite far from the campus halls? Cus ive noticed their not too far from nottingham trents campus but dont know about nottingham uni...i was hoping nottingham uni is a bit of a distance from nottingham trent...sorry tge reason i say this is because i dont get on too well with some people from nottingham trent uni so i dont really want to be mixing with them

Moving on to academia, what support do they give you in terms of finding employment afterwards ? I heard their pretty good? I will be doing accounting finance and mangement
Original post by Mattari
I have received offers from both Nottingham (AAB) and Exeter (ABB) for Computer Science BSc with a year in industry but I don't know which I should have as my firm choice.

If I firm Nottingham, I can have Exeter as my insurance and be happy with either university. Alternatively, I could firm Exeter, but both universities really appeal for their campus and facilities.

I will be going on visit days in February anyway to see both courses in more depth, but which of the two do you think is the better university to study at?

UoN or NTU?
Reply 10
Original post by The Genghis Khan
notts

Im debating between Notts and Leicester
why do u say nottingham
I see, is the clubs quite far from the campus halls? Cus ive noticed their not too far from nottingham trents campus but dont know about nottingham uni...i was hoping nottingham uni is a bit of a distance from nottingham trent...sorry tge reason i say this is because i dont get on too well with some people from nottingham trent uni so i dont really want to be mixing with them

Moving on to academia, what support do they give you in terms of finding employment afterwards ? I heard their pretty good? I will be doing accounting finance and mangement

whats so wrong with NTU? thousands of people go there, youre hardly going to see a handful of people you dont like, plus UoN students arent seen dead in Trent's side of town
What course do you do?

different nights to ntu but same places
Original post by Justmoll28
UoN or NTU?

Don't think I've seen an NTU offer above 280 UCAS points tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
whats so wrong with NTU? thousands of people go there, youre hardly going to see a handful of people you dont like, plus UoN students arent seen dead in Trent's side of town

Nothing wrong with ntu , i have a few friemds who go there actually plus a few enemies
..im not too sure about its reputation tho

And i know ...im just being silly tbh ..so is uon on like completly the other side?
What's that got to do with anything? "I'd rather be a poly than a c unt"

Because their offer is AAB, so asking 'NTU or UoN?' is pretty unnecessary imo, it's pretty obvious.
Original post by Princepieman
Because their offer is AAB, so asking 'NTU or UoN?' is pretty unnecessary imo, it's pretty obvious.

as a current student, the offers are literally one of many factors to take into account, im from ntu but i work in the uon region anf i swear to god, apart from a small handful of students, the rest of the people seem miserable as sin at uon - its like they suck the life out of you there or something. they have worse facilities than ntu, they are based in literally the middle of nowhere and the only way to get to uon is via tram, theres hundreds of reasons why uon sucks
as a current student, the offers are literally one of many factors to take into account, im from ntu but i work in the uon region anf i swear to god, apart from a small handful of students, the rest of the people seem miserable as sin at uon - its like they suck the life out of you there or something. they have worse facilities than ntu, they are based in literally the middle of nowhere and the only way to get to uon is via tram, theres hundreds of reasons why uon sucks

LOOOOL all I'm reading is salt tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
LOOOOL all I'm reading is salt tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

im simply stating the obvious, and like i said, id rather be a poly than a ****:smile:
Uni of Nottingham 100%
Seems to have a better reputation than Exeter and seems to be a better area of the country
I'm hoping to go Nottingham this September myself

Quick Reply

Latest