The Student Room Group

Applied to one sixth form?

The only sixth form I applied for is my school's sixth form, is it too late to apply for more?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0lut0
The only sixth form I applied for is my school's sixth form, is it too late to apply for more?

You can still apply for others :smile: - Which types of sixth form though? I've recently applied to some, and I do believe it's not too late. I say end of February is where most schools probably stop.
Original post by 0lut0

i appiled for colchester sixth form college but there is a deadline i think i appiled first to my choice i left the sixth form in 2004 a long time ago
Doesn't really matter tbh. I only applied to my high school's sixth form - it'll probably turn out fine.
Reply 4
Original post by draculaura
You can still apply for others :smile: - Which types of sixth form though? I've recently applied to some, and I do believe it's not too late. I say end of February is where most schools probably stop.

I don't really care which sixth form I go to as long as it's near me.
To be honest I want to go to my school's sixth form, not a fan of new environments.
Original post by 0lut0
I don't really care which sixth form I go to as long as it's near me.
To be honest I want to go to my school's sixth form, not a fan of new environments.

Ah :biggrin: - is your school slightly competitive? Usually, (from what I know) schools let you usually go to your sixth form, but apparently not all of them ! ( Though - I do know some schools have priority over their own students, so maybe everything'll be fine. ) Phone up some schools in the area though (as second choices) just in case they don't. But hopefully you'll carry on with your school !

I don't know which area you live, but can you suggest a couple of schools that are still accepting?
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
I don't know which area you live, but can you suggest a couple of schools that are still accepting?

I've been applying for boarding schools... : P
I've been applying for boarding schools... : P

I wish my mum would let me board
*over dramatic sigh*.
I wish my mum would let me board
*over dramatic sigh*.

Aww. Be glad your mum wants to keep you :laugh: I've seen some people who made their kids board when they were around 7/8... talk about mental illness in the making, huh.
Aww. Be glad your mum wants to keep you :laugh: I've seen some people who made their kids board when they were around 7/8... talk about mental illness in the making, huh.

Mental illness(es) present over here...
I think it's terrible to make kids board at such a young age - Unless whoever I married was in the army or something and travelled around a lot and boarding was a last resort would I make kids board at that age.
But I think boarding at 11+ or 13+ isn't bad. I think I wouldn't be like I am if I had boarded at that age because I wouldn't have my home life which definitely contributed to the way I am now.

Have you boarded before?
Mental illness(es) present over here...
I think it's terrible to make kids board at such a young age - Unless whoever I married was in the army or something and travelled around a lot and boarding was a last resort would I make kids board at that age.
But I think boarding at 11+ or 13+ isn't bad. I think I wouldn't be like I am if I had boarded at that age because I wouldn't have my home life which definitely contributed to the way I am now.

Have you boarded before?

Yeah, I definitely agree, 11-13 is the ideal age. And no, I haven't :biggrin: - When I was 11 my parents did consider it, but thought I was a bit too young (and they didn't want me to be too far from home.) But now we both think it's time I got a bit independent (even though they don't want me to leave, which is sweet of them:cute:)
But yeah. (If it's not too personal) which schools are you thinking of going for?
Yeah, I definitely agree, 11-13 is the ideal age. And no, I haven't :biggrin: - When I was 11 my parents did consider it, but thought I was a bit too young (and they didn't want me to be too far from home.) But now we both think it's time I got a bit independent (even though they don't want me to leave, which is sweet of them:cute:)
But yeah. (If it's not too personal) which schools are you thinking of going for?

I already have a place at NLCS - but I need a bursary and I probably won't get one.
I don't really have any other schools to apply to because the dates have passed.
What about you?
Reply 13
I applied to the college I go to 2 days before the term started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I already have a place at NLCS - but I need a bursary and I probably won't get one.
I don't really have any other schools to apply to because the dates have passed.
What about you?

Ah cool! Congratulations on your place at NLCS, by the way - and good luck with the bursary :goodluck:
I've applied to four schools at the moment... My first choice is Charterhouse (but that's quite unlikely...) second is Uppingham, third is Cheltenham College, and if my luck has fallen into a coma I'll go to Fettes College. :P Yeah... it's a lot. If I somehow don't get into any, I'll flip :K:
Ah cool! Congratulations on your place at NLCS, by the way - and good luck with the bursary :goodluck:
I've applied to four schools at the moment... My first choice is Charterhouse (but that's quite unlikely...) second is Uppingham, third is Cheltenham College, and if my luck has fallen into a coma I'll go to Fettes College. :P Yeah... it's a lot. If I somehow don't get into any, I'll flip :K:

When do you find out about all of them?
I'm probably end up going to my current school *sigh* - It's a good (state) school - but I'm so fed up of it!!
Good luck!!! - I hope you get in to all of them!!!
When do you find out about all of them?
I'm probably end up going to my current school *sigh* - It's a good (state) school - but I'm so fed up of it!!
Good luck!!! - I hope you get in to all of them!!!

Aw thanks!! To tell the truth: I'm still in the application stage with all of them (lol) so I'm not too sure. Thanks for the support though! And I really hope you get to go to N. London Collegiate School ! :smile: I tried for Westminster school, but I messed up with the exams and didn't get in :colondollar:. It's more annoying knowing that if I did them again I'd probably would've done better... but I guess that's with everyone, eh?
Aw thanks!! To tell the truth: I'm still in the application stage with all of them (lol) so I'm not too sure. Thanks for the support though! And I really hope you get to go to N. London Collegiate School ! :smile: I tried for Westminster school, but I messed up with the exams and didn't get in :colondollar:. It's more annoying knowing that if I did them again I'd probably would've done better... but I guess that's with everyone, eh?

I'm think I remember you from the Westminster thread - I didn't apply - I just find it fun watching them.
I applied to SPGS and another private school and didn't get into either. SPGS I was never going to get into but the other school there was a chance I would but I hadn't learnt half the stuff on the exams - they had a second entrance exam on Friday and I think if I had done it on Friday I would have got in - but that's life!!

Will you stay at your current school if you don't get in anywhere?
I'm think I remember you from the Westminster thread - I didn't apply - I just find it fun watching them.
I applied to SPGS and another private school and didn't get into either. SPGS I was never going to get into but the other school there was a chance I would but I hadn't learnt half the stuff on the exams - they had a second entrance exam on Friday and I think if I had done it on Friday I would have got in - but that's life!!

Will you stay at your current school if you don't get in anywhere?

Haha ikr! Forum thread reading is fun :biggrin: and I'm flattered you remember me :colondollar::lol:
Yeah, SPGS never really interested me (for some reason, I get along better with guys, so going to an all-girl school would be a bit meh, and especially my current school used to be all girls and therefore it's like 80-90% girls ) I'm applying for the Charterhouse late exams they do in January/February, I'm not even too sure if I've missed the deadline, {hence why there's a small chance of me getting in lol} Though I *think* the rest accept without any sort of exam... not too sure.

And I'm going to be truthful... there's no way I'd stay in my current school :no: - It's really, how do I put this... not for me. Though - there is a school opening near me (I live in North Wales) called Myddelton College or something? It used to be 'Howell's School' (I'd go there for my piano and clarinet exams) but it went bankrupt xD. It's an international school though, so I'm not really a fan (lol) I guess i'll keep applying until someone likes the look of me :bigsmile:
Haha ikr! Forum thread reading is fun :biggrin: and I'm flattered you remember me :colondollar::lol:
Yeah, SPGS never really interested me (for some reason, I get along better with guys, so going to an all-girl school would be a bit meh, and especially my current school used to be all girls and therefore it's like 80-90% girls ) I'm applying for the Charterhouse late exams they do in January/February, I'm not even too sure if I've missed the deadline, {hence why there's a small chance of me getting in lol} Though I *think* the rest accept without any sort of exam... not too sure.

And I'm going to be truthful... there's no way I'd stay in my current school :no: - It's really, how do I put this... not for me. Though - there is a school opening near me (I live in North Wales) called Myddelton College or something? It used to be 'Howell's School' (I'd go there for my piano and clarinet exams) but it went bankrupt xD. It's an international school though, so I'm not really a fan (lol) I guess i'll keep applying until someone likes the look of me :bigsmile:

I get along better with guys but I'm so fed up of them - they can be so insensitive sometimes.
I wish my mum would let me board - uggghghgghghghghhhh
The only schools that are still accepting near me are colleges and I don't really want to go to a college.
There are too private schools a bit away that I guess I could travel to - but they aren't anything special and so I don't see any point in applying
*still sighing*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending