The Student Room Group

Applied to one sixth form?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Good Luck again!!
I'm trying to decide whether I should ask if it's possible to apply for the school after I have my results back because I think my grades will be better than I'm predicted - I just don't know what they'll say.
Same with you!

Ah sorry for the late reply! And thanks :smile: ! It went pretty well xD some of it was actually more difficult than I had expected, but on the whole it was okay :P
If they're asking for predicted grades, just say you don't have them or something (haha!)
Original post by draculaura
Ah sorry for the late reply! And thanks :smile: ! It went pretty well xD some of it was actually more difficult than I had expected, but on the whole it was okay :P
If they're asking for predicted grades, just say you don't have them or something (haha!)

I guess.
When do you find out??
If anyone asks me if I'm moving now - I just say "no - I think I'm staying" - Unless I get a place at this school with my low predicted grades, I'm gonna be staying.
More people than I thought are going to be staying at my school though
I guess.
When do you find out??
If anyone asks me if I'm moving now - I just say "no - I think I'm staying" - Unless I get a place at this school with my low predicted grades, I'm gonna be staying.
More people than I thought are going to be staying at my school though

Oh! I've found out hahahaha (sorry for the really late reply :eek:) I've decided I'm going to Charterhouse : P
Have you heard back?
Oh! I've found out hahahaha (sorry for the really late reply :eek:) I've decided I'm going to Charterhouse : P
Have you heard back?

I have an exam for a state school on Thursday, and if I don't get in I'll apply to the other school.
My mocks went really well (better than I expected) so I'm not too worried about them rejecting me for "poor" grades.
I have an exam for a state school on Thursday, and if I don't get in I'll apply to the other school.
My mocks went really well (better than I expected) so I'm not too worried about them rejecting me for "poor" grades.

Oh! good luck! Don't worry, my mocks went awful - and they didn't even mention it in the interview at Charterhouse... (Only that my predicted grades for English weren't amazing, they were like Bs I think, and I just said I'd do better in the real thing :laugh:)
Oh! good luck! Don't worry, my mocks went awful - and they didn't even mention it in the interview at Charterhouse... (Only that my predicted grades for English weren't amazing, they were like Bs I think, and I just said I'd do better in the real thing :laugh:)

My predicted grade for English Lit ended up being pushed down to a C - but then I got an A in the mock so it got increased again to an A
My predicted grade for English Lit ended up being pushed down to a C - but then I got an A in the mock so it got increased again to an A

Woah! That's really good. I got a B in mine... :doh:
Woah! That's really good. I got a B in mine... :doh:

I got an A* in one essay, an A in the second one and they lost my poetry and prose essay which I found on Friday (after a couple of weeks of the teacher not finding it) and I haven't been in class since so I'll get my third essay back tomorrow - but unless it's below a B, it won't affect my overall grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending