The Student Room Group

Which medical schools offer full body dissection?

Hi,
I am currently in year 12 and I am looking at studying medicine at uni. I really like the idea of learning anatomy through full body dissection so i just wondered what uni's offer it.
I know that in first year at Cambridge a group of about 3 get a body that they dissect every week for the year to learn about anatomy. I just wondered if any other uni's do the same thing.
Thanks
Original post by aspoonfulofsoph1
Hi,
I am currently in year 12 and I am looking at studying medicine at uni. I really like the idea of learning anatomy through full body dissection so i just wondered what uni's offer it.
I know that in first year at Cambridge a group of about 3 get a body that they dissect every week for the year to learn about anatomy. I just wondered if any other uni's do the same thing.
Thanks

While it is something to keep in mind when applying, there are loads of other factors to consider when choosing to apply ie making sure you get in.

Southampton offer a dissection module in 3rd Year but we learn through prosection. I wanted to do dissection at first but it takes enough time when it's all ready cut, never mind cutting it out! My friend spent 3 days dong a dissection of a thyroid gland to realise the patient didn't have one. She was fuming.
Reply 2
Manchester Medical School uses cadavers to help students learn anatomy and they're given opportunities to dissect as well
Reply 3
Nottingham offers full body dissection, working in groups of 4/5 at a time on one body. Really helpful in learning anatomy.
Queens University Belfast also offers full body dissections

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending