The Student Room Group

Can anyone WhatsApp call you?????

So I just got a WhatsApp call from a number I don't recognise :s-smilie: It's freaked me out, I thought you could only call people on your contact list, this number isn't on my contact list, in fact I have never seen it before....

I have a picture of The Weeknd up and not my face, so I'm not terrified, but it creeped me out. I didn't answer because I got freaked out. :redface:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Change your privacy settings in the App.
You can hide your display picture and online status to only your contacts.
Original post by BioGeek
Change your privacy settings in the App.
You can hide your display picture and online status to only your contacts.

I can't find privacy setting under the settings option :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I can't find privacy setting under the settings option :s-smilie:

Android or iOS?
Original post by BioGeek
Android or iOS?

iOS
Original post by Foo.mp3
Nope :haughty:

That is what I thought.....:curious:
So I just got a WhatsApp call from a number I don't recognise :s-smilie: It's freaked me out, I thought you could only call people on your contact list, this number isn't on my contact list, in fact I have never seen it before....

I have a picture of The Weeknd up and not my face, so I'm not terrified, but it creeped me out. I didn't answer because I got freaked out. :redface:

its probably spam,
Reply 7
iOS

WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Account > Privacy.
Reply 8
That is what I thought.....:curious:

I told you I had inside info on most people on here.
Original post by TheGuyWhoPhysics
its probably spam,

I didn't even know that happened on Whats app :s-smilie: But I hope so, thanks!
Original post by Dunno69
I told you I had inside info on most people on here.

Go away :colonhash: Go make another account or something XD XD

Spoiler

i had a number that called me, so i just blocked them and hadn't have a call since from a number (Fingers crossed)

I've only got one spam text message, never been called out of the blue. Very weird to say the least.
Original post by Das Ich Man
I've only got one spam text message, never been called out of the blue. Very weird to say the least.

I have had a message....I've never been called :/ I agree, very weird.
Oh my god, it's called 5 times WTFFFFF

Why not answer? Yeah sure it might be Anthony Hopkins, it might be someone you know (or want to know)

Pick up.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Mainly because I almost never use the thing as I have to avoid microwave radiation exposure as it makes me ill :colonhash:

You never use whatsapp? It's the greatest way to keep in touch with people anywhere in the world,apart from texting,how else do you keep in touch with your friends?

Yes they can if they have your number saved in their phone book. You might not necessarily have their number inside your phone book
Original post by Foo.mp3
Rarely, and when I do I usually leave my phone in another room and use Whatsapp Web via a hardwired connection to my laptop :yy:

It's really not, when you consider the harm that the technology that supports it is doing to every living organism that comes within range :naughty:

..and especailly not for those of us who are electro-sensitive :sad:

Are you a recluse?! I use whatsapp way too much.

Quick Reply

Latest