The Student Room Group

Hypothetically, if I don't get into any universities for 2016 what are my options?

So I received an email today from UCAS saying that something has changed in my application - I open it and found out I've been rejected from another university. That's a second one, I'm still waiting for other three to get back with their decisions.

As you can tell, I'm not exactly optimistic at the moment and I've been wondering - what are my options if I fail to get into all 5?
Reply 1
Original post by leopatto
So I received an email today from UCAS saying that something has changed in my application - I open it and found out I've been rejected from another university. That's a second one, I'm still waiting for other three to get back with their decisions.

As you can tell, I'm not exactly optimistic at the moment and I've been wondering - what are my options if I fail to get into all 5?

You have clearing, and if everything fails you can take a gap year and reapply. If you don't want to then there's always apprenticeships.
Use clearing, then you'll be going to uni for definate in september

Posted from TSR Mobile
you can use extra when it opens in February. if you are getting rejected consider why. are you aiming for unis whose grades you are not likely to reach or are the unis just to competitive
Original post by leopatto

Firstly, two rejections aren't necessarily a reason to panic- have you asked for any feedback on why you were rejected? This may help you think about your next moves.

If you get rejected by all five choices, but definitely want to go to uni in 2016, then you'll have the option to use UCAS Extra or clearing- there are guides to both of these on TSR. However, it's a good idea to seek feedback beforehand, if the issue is that you're applying to unis well out of reach, you can apply to more realistic choices. If the problem is something really problematic in your reference or your PS, then this may be more of a problem as you have to use your original application to apply through Extra and clearing.

You can also reapply in autumn 2016 while on a gap year. This can be a good option if, for example, you did badly at AS but expect to do better at A2, or want to retake to improve your grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending