The Student Room Group

Lads Holiday 2016

Me and my friends want to go away this summer after the first year of uni. We went to Sunny beech last year and had a great time, now we're looking for a new place to go but not one that's overcrowded and overpriced like Magaluf or Ibiza. Right now we're looking at Zante and Ayia Napa, but we're just basing that on some good word of mouth and nice looking pictures, we haven't found anything that makes us particularly want to go to either one.
Has anyone been to either of those 2 and could recommend one in particular, or even a different one entirely that you found to be a fantastic time?
Original post by Luvs2Splooge69
Me and my friends want to go away this summer after the first year of uni. We went to Sunny beech last year and had a great time, now we're looking for a new place to go but not one that's overcrowded and overpriced like Magaluf or Ibiza. Right now we're looking at Zante and Ayia Napa, but we're just basing that on some good word of mouth and nice looking pictures, we haven't found anything that makes us particularly want to go to either one.
Has anyone been to either of those 2 and could recommend one in particular, or even a different one entirely that you found to be a fantastic time?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1709525

It's an older thread and about a girls holiday instead of lads, but there is a good discussion on both these places and alternatives people have visited. Might be a good place to start!
I really can't recommend somewhere like Zante or Ayia Napa, especially for how expensive it is relative to the experience. I'd say check out mainland Europe. Somewhere like Prague.
Original post by MountKimbie
I really can't recommend somewhere like Zante or Ayia Napa, especially for how expensive it is relative to the experience. I'd say check out mainland Europe. Somewhere like Prague.

We had considered Prague but my sister put me off the idea after she went a few years ago when she finished yr13, and said it was pretty meh. She had a good time with her friends, but experience wise she didn't find it that different from a night out in town, and more expensive.

Quick Reply

Latest