The Student Room Group

How many hours of revision per night?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Why set yourself a specific time to get everything done? Just do what work you need to do and how long you revise will be however long it takes you to finish your work for the day. I think some people set a time that they will finish revising at and then just finish at that time even if they haven't understood much. Just revise until everything make sense.
Reply 21
Original post by may_1
I got A*AA in my A2's and I would say probably 3/4 hours . But a lot of my revision wasn't productive so I would sit on my phone or just stare at my text book for some time, so it was probably only a productive 3 hours, but it's important to factor in unconscious procrastination because everyone does it :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

you need 3 hours every night for 7 days? or just in the 5 days?? and when did you start doing this?
Original post by B_9710
Why set yourself a specific time to get everything done? Just do what work you need to do and how long you revise will be however long it takes you to finish your work for the day. I think some people set a time that they will finish revising at and then just finish at that time even if they haven't understood much. Just revise until everything make sense.

I understand many of my notes, luckily for me. Most of my revision consists of refreshing my memory! :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by SSD07
you need 3 hours every night for 7 days? or just in the 5 days?? and when did you start doing this?

I think like 4/5 weekdays, chill on a Friday night. The about 6 hours each weekend day probably
Reply 24
5 hours per subject per week so if you do 4 subjects, 20 hours per week = around 3 hours per day
Reply 25
Original post by may_1
I think like 4/5 weekdays, chill on a Friday night. The about 6 hours each weekend day probably

woah thats so much!! was that time purely dedicated to revision or did it also include doing homework??

and what sort of stuff did you do?? my aim is to get A* A A and could really use some tips on how to achieve it ! I just hope I'm not starting too late.
Original post by z33
5 hours per subject per week so if you do 4 subjects, 20 hours per week = around 3 hours per day

That is a good target. Thanks!
I do 4 hours/weekdays and 0 hours/weekends

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending