The Student Room Group

Edexcel (IAL): Statistics 1, WST01 (27th January 2016)

This is the thread for January 2016 Edexcel exams IAL, S1

Hope, everyones preparation is going well.

Post your doubts here!

MODEL ANSWERS: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3858823
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What topics do you guys find harder?
Reply 2
what exams are still left in IAL
Reply 3
Original post by TeeEm
what exams are still left in IAL

The timetable is here. I've personally got one physics exam left (unit 3), M2, S1 and S2.
Reply 4
Original post by Zacken
The timetable is here. I've personally got one physics exam left (unit 3), M2, S1 and S2.

thank you

I was thinking about Maths, so it looks like 3 exams left.
I don't understand this question, could someone explain this to me, I watched a videos on this and didn't make any sense?!

Original post by Adorable98
I don't understand this question, could someone explain this to me, I watched a videos on this and didn't make any sense?!

A box plot represents the data divided into quartiles, each part of the plot shows 1/4 or 25% of the data.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
A box plot represents the data divided into quartiles, each part of the plot shows 1/4 or 25% of the data.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I see but why is the answer Q1 if it's equal to 25%? So basically, Q1= 25% Q2= 25% and Q3= 25%
25% got less than Q1 so 75% got more than (exceeded) Q1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Box plots and stem and leafs haven't shown up in a while. Edexcel seem to love spamming histograms. June 15's histogram was extremely annoying
Reply 11
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Box plots and stem and leafs haven't shown up in a while. Edexcel seem to love spamming histograms. June 15's histogram was extremely annoying

Histograms, are fine tbh.

Yeah June 2013 (R) was a wierd paper.
Reply 12
Original post by SaadKaleem
Histograms, are fine tbh.

Yeah, histograms are easy but it was just an unbelievable amount of work for 2 marks! Maybe there's an easier way I can't spot.

Yeah June 2013 (R) was a wierd paper.

That conditional normal distribution probability bit was confusing. I haven't seen an S1 paper like that before.
Reply 13
That conditional normal distribution probability bit was confusing. I haven't seen an S1 paper like that before.

June 2015 GCE aswell, bro Conditional Probability + ND have been popping up recently since 2013ish or so.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by SaadKaleem
June 2015 GCE aswell, bro Conditional Probability + ND have been popping up recently since 2013ish or so.

I have done like 2 S1 papers :tongue: I guess I need to finish a few tonight!
Reply 15
I have done like 2 S1 papers :tongue: I guess I need to finish a few tonight!

Same. :tongue:
Original post by gdunne42
25% got less than Q1 so 75% got more than (exceeded) Q1

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see... Thanks!!!
Reply 17
Original post by Zacken
Same. :tongue:

I've solved 2 papers, I'm ready for the 150 UMS 😎
I'm a bit stuck with interquartile range ... If I get a number (position) something point two five, am I suppose to take an average?

For instance, if it's 3.5 I'll take the average of both the third and fourth value but if I get 5.25 am I suppose to take an average of both the fifth and sixth value.

Here's two examples I got below, the first one is from the markscheme and the second one is from the CGP.

How come (CGP) they didn't take an average for the 14th and 15th value..?!
Reply 19
I've solved 2 papers, I'm ready for the 150 UMS 😎

150/100. That's true achievement. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending