The Student Room Group

Questions for those currently studying vet medicine at Surrey...

Hi folks

I'm probably going to start my vet med degree at Surrey in September as a mature student. I had a couple of questions that I hope you'll be able answer pls...

1. Is the school going to move part/all of the vet medicine library from Stag Hill campus to VSM? There was talk of a room being repurposed for this but no one could confirm if/when it was actually going to happen.

2. Is the vet school study area (VSM 1st floor, I think) open 24/7?

3. How amenable are the vet partners to having you help out at weekends/holidays to gain some additional practical experience beyond that which is timetabled?

Thanks!
I'm not at Surrey however in answer to your 3)

You'll want your weekends for sleeping, partying and working. I really wouldn't worry getting extra work experience; you'll have plenty over 5 years
Original post by james_dalton
Hi folks

I'm probably going to start my vet med degree at Surrey in September as a mature student. I had a couple of questions that I hope you'll be able answer pls...

1. Is the school going to move part/all of the vet medicine library from Stag Hill campus to VSM? There was talk of a room being repurposed for this but no one could confirm if/when it was actually going to happen.

2. Is the vet school study area (VSM 1st floor, I think) open 24/7?

3. How amenable are the vet partners to having you help out at weekends/holidays to gain some additional practical experience beyond that which is timetabled?

Thanks!

Also not Surrey, so what I know may have changed, but at my interview day last year they said they weren't allowed to move the vet books out of the library because it's against university policy :frown: but they did say they were going to have a few copies of essential books like the anatomy textbook in the vet school.
Also I would agree with angry cucumber on 3) it's good to have weekends free in case you end up behind work or of you want to do something social like go out. It's a good idea to do some things that aren't vet related or you risk burning out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending