The Student Room Group

virgins dating non-virgins.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
I never said that, I said I was still undecided.
"I don't know if I ever" =/= 'never'

That's true, but I dunno would losing your virginity to someone bring more lingering feelings than just a normal breakup that had no sex? Like wouldn't she always remember him as the one she lost her virginity to?

Ohh I see, so being a virgin doesn't make that much of a difference then?

Ah I see, yes it can work like that too. Thank you for that :smile:

I never said that, i'm just still undecided. Essentially what I think is that being a non-virgin makes you more likely to cheat. And I created this thread to find out if what I think is right or wrong.

I'm 17, 18 in 2 months.

Sorry I was mostly skim reading and picking out things. My bad. :smile:

Yeah I remember the guy I lost my virginity to, but I don't have lingering feelings for him at all. He was/is a really important part of my past, but that's all it is; the past. Idk, maybe some people feel different (and I fully understand why, first time having sex is important) but it didn't make a difference for me. I'd be more inclined to have lingering feelings for someone I had a deep emotional bond with?

I suppose I can see your logic, but my my best friend lost her virginity to a virgin, and they both cheated. It really comes down to picking the right people and being a good judge of character instead of how many people they've slept with. Also, as stated above, unfortunately people can lie about this. I know a girl who used to tell every guy she slept with she was a virgin and she'd just act inexperienced.

You're a virgin yourself?
Daym that guy went in loool, so your current BF outperformed you past boyfriends (who weren't virgins) on his go?

So you don't really mind virgins so long as they're forward and they're not like a baby calf struggling to walk?

Yep he did!!! It went on for over an hour, he had great technique and felt amazing. Think he's the one lol. My previous ex was alright at the time but looking back not too good haha, and I didn't even do anything sexual with the mega virgin guy I saw for 1-2 months.

Yes, couldn't have said it better myself.
Original post by Goaded
Sorry I was mostly skim reading and picking out things. My bad. :smile:

No problem, thank you for taking your time to reply :smile: it was a long post haha

Original post by Goaded

Yeah I remember the guy I lost my virginity to, but I don't have lingering feelings for him at all. He was/is a really important part of my past, but that's all it is; the past. Idk, maybe some people feel different (and I fully understand why, first time having sex is important) but it didn't make a difference for me. I'd be more inclined to have lingering feelings for someone I had a deep emotional bond with?

I suppose I can see your logic, but my my best friend lost her virginity to a virgin, and they both cheated. It really comes down to picking the right people and being a good judge of character instead of how many people they've slept with. Also, as stated above, unfortunately people can lie about this. I know a girl who used to tell every guy she slept with she was a virgin and she'd just act inexperienced.

Ah I see, so you basically put that behind of you now and you don't really care. And yes that makes sense.
Well ****. Yeah I think so too now, Wow :lolwut:

But yes as you said "picking the right people and being a good judge of character" :smile: But hey that's a problem for future me, just wanted to make this thread for a while now.

Original post by Goaded

You're a virgin yourself?

Mhmm :yep:, I'm not in a hurry to lose it though, want to wait for the one haha,

Again thank you for your replies!
Original post by Strawberry68
Yep he did!!! It went on for over an hour, he had great technique and felt amazing. Think he's the one lol. My previous ex was alright at the time but looking back not too good haha, and I didn't even do anything sexual with the mega virgin guy I saw for 1-2 months.Yes, couldn't have said it better myself.
Great to hear that :biggrin: Good luck in your relationship and I hope he's the one for you as well :smile:
:yy: Thank you for your reply :smile:
Boop
I'm not a virgin and I have no preference dating virgins or non-virgins. Although people seem to assume non-virgin = experience, which certainly isn't always the case.

I would probably feel awkward taking somebody's virginity but I'm not saying I wouldn't date a virgin.
Yep, but what's your opinion on the whole thing?

People can sleep with who they want. :dontknow:
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Because her hymen will break...

Not necessarily. That's massively unreliable. I'm 30 and have had lots of sexual partners and my hymen by some feat of magic is still completely intact. Some ladies break theirs during sport.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Why does anyone need to know ur a virgin. My first partner didnt know including retrospectively
I don't think being a non-virgin equals experience. My ex boyfriend wasn't a virgin and I would love to have learned something from him, didn't happen.
I'm a virgin and I don't care if the one I date has had sex before or not, to be honest this is the least of my worries. hahaha :smile:
I made the mistake of lying to a girl I was dating last month by telling her I wasn't a virgin when I was and she cut off all contact with me, at least I won't have to lie about it again.
Would prefer to have someone experienced. However if they're still a virgin yet good looking and have a personality then I'm cool with that; much easier to get better at sex than it is to improve your appearance and character.
(edited 8 years ago)
i'm a virgin (female) and would prefer a guy that was a virgin kinda like you said, i'm quite self conscious and i would probably get paranoid dating a non-virgin i'd think he was comparing me to his ex and stuff but i would date a non-virgin if it was someone i really liked and i wouldn't judge them. :smile:
Reply 52
i saw a few guys here saying that they were a virgin and that they wouldnt date a girl unless she was a virgin as well, because they want a 'pure' girl.

but i've also seen non-virgin guys/girls saying that they wouldnt date a virgin because they would be inexperienced at sex and it would be awkward and stuff

and my opinion on this is... complicated, so what do you guys think on the whole thing? are you a virgin and would you date a non-virgin?

I'm a virgin and I'd date her regardless of any experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
So to say but a woman been a virgin is a special thing, and to have the opportunity to be a woman's first lover is special to me. Been a more mature man, I would make sure a woman will remember it as a special time, young men are more interested in rolling on and off, trust me I was there once myself, after all it;s a once in a life time opportunity, so should be special. Andy
I'm a virgin and I would date virgins and non-virgins tbh, no preference
Reply 55
It depends of where you came from. Some Asians have values about preserving your virginity until marriage, so some Asian men would like to date virgins too. But on Western, this usually depends on the values they have. But as of today, this is not a big deal to most men. Lucky if they can date a virgin but if not as long as they love the girl. I don't understand why would it matter if you really love someone right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending