The Student Room Group

MPhil Bioscience Enterprise Cambridge. Will I get in?

Hi.

I'm new to TSR, and from Ireland!

Anyway, I'm currently in second year of Uni, studying Biotechnology, aiming for a high 2.1 / 1st overall, from a top tier University here. And have very significant entrepreneurship experience, from owning my own biotech company, having gone through an incubator etc etc.

However my question is, are people taken onto the course straight from a BSc or would I have to do a masters first? Thanks :smile:
From the website, I can see that they like you to have industrial experience which you do have in a way. I don't see you shouldn't apply. As long as you show dedication and passion in your application and you have achieved 1st/ high 2:1 (67%+) they don't have a reason to decline you.

I managed to gain a place on this course for this coming year from a top-medium tier university with a science course, business experience, year in industry and looking to achieve a 1st.
Reply 2
Has anyone had interview yet ?
Original post by MastersGirl
From the website, I can see that they like you to have industrial experience which you do have in a way. I don't see you shouldn't apply. As long as you show dedication and passion in your application and you have achieved 1st/ high 2:1 (67%+) they don't have a reason to decline you.

I managed to gain a place on this course for this coming year from a top-medium tier university with a science course, business experience, year in industry and looking to achieve a 1st.

Hi,

I am a second year student studying Biology at a top-tier university. I believe this would be the perfect course for me and am looking to strengthen my application. Please could I ask what business experience you have and what you did on your year in industry? I have experience working for a pharmaceutical company but no business experience.

Please could you also give me an idea of when you applied, and what the interview was like?

Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending