The Student Room Group

Politics or Law degree?

I do AS Levels in History, French, Maths and Relgious Studies/philosophy and ethics

And up until recently I was pretty certain that I was interested in doing a politics/international relations degree.. however, from looking at courses for law, I think I'd enjoy that equally..

So could anybody that has applied/is at university studying either of these subjects tell me what each course is like to study (especially for people that haven't don't them at a level)
Do you enjoy your course?
Which do you think my A Levels would suit more?
I know it's subjective, but which is more 'interesting/enjoyable?'
Depends what career you want.
Reply 2
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Depends what career you want.

I'm not too sure yet, that's the problem.. I know I wouldn't want to be a sollicitor, but the job of a barrister sounds interesting, but it's well know that there's very few pupillages out there.. so there's no guarantee of this career..

Otherwise, I'd want to work for charity organisations, such as Amnesty international, NGO's or go into the civil service fast stream graduate scheme..
Quite a few unis do law with politics. U still get the qualified law degree (LLB) but you will incorporate politics with it. I applied to something similar but law with business rather than politics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Do law... far more respectable as a degree. Opens more doors.

Quick Reply

Latest