Reply 60
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
My school finished C34 in October :redface:

I should hope so for a January Exam
Reply 61
Original post by adeel14
IMG-20160125-WA0009.jpg

A raw marks to UMS converter for last yr
Ucan think in terms or raw marks and see how many marks u can drop and still get the target grade, gives an estimate of room for mistakes we all love to make:colone:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/converting-marks-points-and-grades.html#tab-EdexcelUMSmarkconverter

A far more useful tool for converting raw (every raw mark to every UMS mark, although it's not surjective, for obvious reasons) and for every year.
Reply 62
Original post by physicsmaths
Ooh
U play tabla?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh bro...nice to find someone who know about it....how u know about tabla btw?
Reply 63
Original post by Zacken
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/converting-marks-points-and-grades.html#tab-EdexcelUMSmarkconverter

A far more useful tool for converting raw (every raw mark to every UMS mark, although it's not surjective, for obvious reasons) and for every year.

Aha thanks for sharing:smile:
Original post by adeel14
Yeh bro...nice to find someone who know about it....how u know about tabla btw?

Play it aswell:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65

Now theres a special link there...gotta get in contact:smile:
How are you guys pacing yourselves for exams? I'm doing C2/C3/C4 and I have C4 and refresh C2 left and I need to go through the papers. I've finished C3 and all edexcel papers. Any tips on how to slot in the rest?

Not to mention my other 6 exams...
Reply 67
Original post by President J
How are you guys pacing yourselves for exams? I'm doing C2/C3/C4 and I have C4 and refresh C2 left and I need to go through the papers. I've finished C3 and all edexcel papers. Any tips on how to slot in the rest?

Not to mention my other 6 exams...

Sitting 10 maths exams this year.

Started past papers seriously last week, doing 2/3 per day trying to do the same volume of each module. If you've run out check out http://madasmaths.com, TeeEm has written some awesome papers on there which are quite a bit tougher than the standard Edexcel questions and may prove good conditioning for the real exam.

Are you struggling for time? If so, I'd say try and do 1 paper each day starting in February, I think 90 minutes shouldn't be too much out of your day and will be very worthwhile when the exams start looming (a lot less pressure).

Hope this helps!
Original post by Euclidean
Sitting 10 maths exams this year.

Started past papers seriously last week, doing 2/3 per day trying to do the same volume of each module. If you've run out check out http://madasmaths.com, TeeEm has written some awesome papers on there which are quite a bit tougher than the standard Edexcel questions and may prove good conditioning for the real exam.

Are you struggling for time? If so, I'd say try and do 1 paper each day starting in February, I think 90 minutes shouldn't be too much out of your day and will be very worthwhile when the exams start looming (a lot less pressure).

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot bro! I calculated and 3 exams was my goal, but including school, impossible to do?
Reply 69
Original post by President J
Thanks a lot bro! I calculated and 3 exams was my goal, but including school, impossible to do?

More than possible for me at least. Do you have a lot to do in your free time? :redface:

If you want to focus revision down due to time constraints, I think the best thing to do is one past paper in each module, gauge if and/or where you lost marks and focus revision on those topics. After you've completed the focused revision repeat.

You won't cover as many past papers but you'll save time. :biggrin:
Original post by Euclidean
More than possible for me at least. Do you have a lot to do in your free time? :redface:

If you want to focus revision down due to time constraints, I think the best thing to do is one past paper in each module, gauge if and/or where you lost marks and focus revision on those topics. After you've completed the focused revision repeat.

You won't cover as many past papers but you'll save time. :biggrin:

Thanks. I start my work around 6pm and I need to do 3 papers (2 2h papers and a 1.45 mins paper) it adds up (with marking too) :s-smilie:
The Solomon papers have been taken down, which is annoying.
Original post by NotNotBatman
The Solomon papers have been taken down, which is annoying.

Maybe someone has at long last started taking notice of copyright. The people that wrote these did so in order to earn a living.
Original post by tiny hobbit
Maybe someone has at long last started taking notice of copyright. The people that wrote these did so in order to earn a living.

Yh his website is massive now. You should email him before edexcel takes them down aswell. Or tell me what to say and I can email him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh his website is massive now. You should email him before edexcel takes them down aswell. Or tell me what to say and I can email him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who is "he"? The people that wrote the papers do not have them on a website. They sold CDs with them on in order to make a living.

I have legal paper copies.
Reply 75

about time ...
Who is "he"? The people that wrote the papers do not have them on a website. They sold CDs with them on in order to make a living.

I have legal paper copies.

The physicsmathstutor website.(my name came up before his not i am not related in any way lol). His website is very big now hence why it has prob been noticed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeeEm
about time ...

Lucky you! means your papers will be of more use to people now
Reply 78
Original post by DuckPatrol
Lucky you! means your papers will be of more use to people now

yes

I charge for my papers and my website is full of ads ...

Somebody must give you an executive position for your observation.
Original post by TeeEm
yes

I charge for my papers and my website is full of ads ...

Somebody must give you an executive position for your observation.

Should I knock you out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending