The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

WHATS THE HARDEST C4 SOLOMON PAPER PLEASE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken
That's because they're not on spec.

I have seen them in a C4 paper once, but admittedly ther're very uncommon
Original post by samb1234

If you did, it was on an old-ish paper, it's literally not on spec anymore. (I think since around 2009/before then?)

Do you remember the year of the paper?
Original post by Zacken
If you did, it was on an old-ish paper, it's literally not on spec anymore. (I think since around 2009/before then?)

I'm not sure exactly as it was in my mock which was a compilation of different papers. It was quite a nice question tbh, there may have been other ways of doing it without doing factor formulae if they're not on the spec. The question was number 9 of this document if anyone wants to look at it https://mathsmartinthomas.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/c4-parametrics-2.pdf
Is collinear in the spec?
It was in the June 2006 C4 paper, topic: vectors

Posted from TSR Mobile
what does the b mark stand for again? m is method, dm is direct method, a is accuracy
Original post by tazza ma razza
what does the b mark stand for again? m is method, dm is direct method, a is accuracy

Independent mark

Original post by Zacken

thanks so much (Y)
thanks so much (Y)

No worries.

I hate things like this, that have only been on 1 past paper before.

I hope nothing new comes up in the exam
Original post by Bloom77
Is collinear in the spec?
It was in the June 2006 C4 paper, topic: vectors

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you can be asked regarding collinear points in Vectors.
Original post by SaadKaleem
Yes, you can be asked regarding collinear points in Vectors.

I can't find anything in the c4 book about collinear points??? You got a page reference?
I can't find anything in the c4 book about collinear points??? You got a page reference?

It's not in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
It's not in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile

bruh and they test us on something not in the book? makes sense. Well examsolutions it is then...

Just so you know, dm isn't direct method, but a method mark that is dependent on a method mark before, i.e. you can only get that method mark if you've scored the method mark before :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

bruh and they test us on something not in the book? makes sense. Well examsolutions it is then...

They don't necessarily have to test from the book, Collinear points are those which lie on the same straight line. It's not a hard concept.
image.jpg
Calling all maths wizards: how do I do part a

I noticed the two sides given add up to 13 so tried to set up like cos and sin expressions using the angles and sides given and add them but got nowhere. I also tried to call the rectangle sides y and use the fact perimeter of shaded is 26 but I just ended up cancelling the 'y's....
Original post by Fudge2
image.jpg
Calling all maths wizards: how do I do part a

I noticed the two sides given add up to 13 so tried to set up like cos and sin expressions using the angles and sides given and add them but got nowhere. I also tried to call the rectangle sides y and use the fact perimeter of shaded is 26 but I just ended up cancelling the 'y's....

A nice question, looks more like a C3 question rather than C4. :tongue:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending