The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

*sussex accomodation help!*

Scroll to see replies

Also I must add I have also lived in park houses for a while and am very familiar with every single accommodation on campus, having been a residential advisor. My best friend from school who I came to uni with lived in swanborough and although it was aesthetically nice, he hated every minute of it and pretty much lived with me and our other friends in East slope and Kent house. Also living in East slope means you're only a stones throw away from the campus bar, very handy!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Mattbar99
To even consider living in northfield or swanborough is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. £150 a week?! Are you mad. Plus both accommodations are boring as hell, full of international students who don't come out their rooms and there's nothing going on. Honestly, I would say East slope is by far the best place to live on campus. Every one who's ever lived at East slope will vouch for this. I lived on campus for two years, initially in Lewes court phase 1 in my first year and then in East slope as a residential advisor in my third year. East slope is only £80 a week so you save a hell of a lot of money compared to swanborough and northfield, I honestly don't see how people can justify paying so much money for such a boring non-sociable accommodation. Yeah it had en-suites and nice kitchens but you aren't gonna be getting that in second year in town so you may as well get used to it as soon as you can.

I would also recommend park houses, in particular Kent house and Lancaster house...(avoiding York house as that is where the security Hub is so harder for parties etc) and to be fair Lewes court phase 1 was pretty decent. The only downside with East slope is that you don't get even a sink in your room but you soon realise it really doesn't matter at all. East slope is by far the most sociable with every flat being ground floor and so much going on, lots of parties and gatherings etc. everyone on the slope knows everyone and it's a real nice family feel to the place. Also I found if you wanna switch off from it all it's easy enough as you can't hear noise from the communal areas from the corridors and the bedrooms.

Trust me. Don't waste money. Go for East slope or Kent house or Lancaster house. Preferably East slope.

It's not necessarily £150 for everyone, though! First-generation scholars means a 2k rent reduction.
after sending an accommodation application how long does it take for them to get back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegumcat
after sending an accommodation application how long does it take for them to get back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have a conditional offer you won't get told where you'll be until late August/early September. I'm not sure on unconditionals.
Reply 24
Hi, I am an American student who will be studying at the University of Sussex next year and I have been reading about all of the accommodation options but I was wondering if someone could further explain the differences between them? Sinc I will be the only person from my University going at that time, I want to have the best possible chances to make friends (:
Reply 25
Hi so I am an American student who will be studying at the University of Sussex next year and I have been reading about all of the accomodation options but I was wondering if someone coudl further explain the differences between them?
Since I will be the only person from my school going at that time, I want to have the best posisble chances to make friends.
(:
Original post by ambush17
Hi so I am an American student who will be studying at the University of Sussex next year and I have been reading about all of the accomodation options but I was wondering if someone coudl further explain the differences between them?
Since I will be the only person from my school going at that time, I want to have the best posisble chances to make friends.
(:

from what i've seen on this thread..this ones that are very expensive e.g. Northfield have got a lot of international students who are not social apparently, east slope is the most social one however it is not in good condition, there are apparently a lot of parties there? so if you want the best possible chance of making friends it might be good to choose east slope, but look around on what people say about east slope on here, i've heard its bad but apparently its worth the exerpeince of staying there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending