The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Business managment and marketing

What does everyone think of the business management and marketing course at trent, and the overall lifestyle there?
Original post by meganwilmot
What does everyone think of the business management and marketing course at trent, and the overall lifestyle there?

Hi meganwilmot,

I actually study Business Management and Marketing (Joint honours) so I can tell you a lot about the course! I personally have really enjoyed it! First year is a general overview of business (I had modules in accounting and finance, economics, marketing, entrepreneurship etc). Second year become more focused on Marketing with half of the year focusing on Business Management and the other focusing on Marketing modules. I really enjoyed second year because the course began to really focus on the parts of business I really enjoyed!

I am currently in my placement year, so I have third year to look forward to for next year! I don't want to bombard you with lots of info on the course, and my experience with it . However, if you do have more questions, just let me know!

Regarding lifestyle, I love it here. I lived on the city site first year, and it literally took me five minutes to walk to lectures (it took me even less to walk to the SU/Library), 5/10 minute walk to the Victoria Centre (which has loads of shops and restaurants) and the nearest tram stop was 5 minutes away. The city site is lovely and modern, even though it's in the middle of Nottingham, there is a real community feeling as everything is so close together, which is why I picked NTU.

I could go on forever, but I'll stop now. However, don't hesitate to ask me any more questions about the course/student life as I am happy to help!

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi meganwilmot,

I actually study Business Management and Marketing (Joint honours) so I can tell you a lot about the course! I personally have really enjoyed it! First year is a general overview of business (I had modules in accounting and finance, economics, marketing, entrepreneurship etc). Second year become more focused on Marketing with half of the year focusing on Business Management and the other focusing on Marketing modules. I really enjoyed second year because the course began to really focus on the parts of business I really enjoyed!

I am currently in my placement year, so I have third year to look forward to for next year! I don't want to bombard you with lots of info on the course, and my experience with it . However, if you do have more questions, just let me know!

Regarding lifestyle, I love it here. I lived on the city site first year, and it literally took me five minutes to walk to lectures (it took me even less to walk to the SU/Library), 5/10 minute walk to the Victoria Centre (which has loads of shops and restaurants) and the nearest tram stop was 5 minutes away. The city site is lovely and modern, even though it's in the middle of Nottingham, there is a real community feeling as everything is so close together, which is why I picked NTU.

I could go on forever, but I'll stop now. However, don't hesitate to ask me any more questions about the course/student life as I am happy to help!

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ellen

Thank you for your help! Did most people on your course feel the same?
Original post by meganwilmot
Thank you for your help! Did most people on your course feel the same?

Hi meganwilmot,

Most of my friends really enjoyed the course! I personally don't know anyone who really didn't enjoy it. I know of one or two people who decided that marketing wasn't for them and therefore decided to transfer to one of the other joint honours (business management and accounting and finance I think), however as the first year is the same for all of the joint honours it didn't make much of a difference.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi meganwilmot,

Most of my friends really enjoyed the course! I personally don't know anyone who really didn't enjoy it. I know of one or two people who decided that marketing wasn't for them and therefore decided to transfer to one of the other joint honours (business management and accounting and finance I think), however as the first year is the same for all of the joint honours it didn't make much of a difference.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen

Hi, do all of the students doing joint honours business attend the same lectures all together in the first year, and then seperate into smaller groups in the years after?
Original post by KaiWilliams
Hi, do all of the students doing joint honours business attend the same lectures all together in the first year, and then seperate into smaller groups in the years after?

Hi KaiWilliams,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been on holiday :h:

Yes, in first year you will be mixed with other Business management joint honours students for your lectures and seminars, as you will be all learning the same modules.

In second year, you will have your seminars with other students studying the same joint honours as you, but in lectures you may have other students from different courses if they are studying the same module. However, the optional module seminar there will also be people from different joint honours there aswell.

I hope that makes sense, but let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi KaiWilliams,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been on holiday :h:

Yes, in first year you will be mixed with other Business management joint honours students for your lectures and seminars, as you will be all learning the same modules.

In second year, you will have your seminars with other students studying the same joint honours as you, but in lectures you may have other students from different courses if they are studying the same module. However, the optional module seminar there will also be people from different joint honours there aswell.

I hope that makes sense, but let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Ellen

Thank you, that made perfect sense and I hope your holiday was great :smile:
Hi i'm applying for 2021 September, I was wondering what options their are for placement year for the Business management and marketing course?
Original post by Shivp2002
Hi i'm applying for 2021 September, I was wondering what options their are for placement year for the Business management and marketing course?

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in applying to NTU. We do have a full-time and a placement option available for BA (Hons) Business Management and Marketing. Our courses are still open, so if you'd like to apply, then please submit your application through UCAS and we will assess this for you. Please bear in mind, that as you're applying after the official UCAS deadline, if the course closes by the time we receive your application, then we will unfortunately not be able to assess your application. It's highly likely that there will be places available but we just need to make you aware of this, just in case the course does close. We'd therefore, advise you to apply at your earliest convenience.

Hope this helps and we look forward to receiving your application soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending