The Student Room Group

How can I improve my body? (picture)

I feel really uncomfortable in my own skin at the moment; to be honest I feel kinda chubby (I used to suffer from anorexia so a healthy weight feels strange to me still). I currently weigh 48kg/106lbs at 5'3.5" or 161.5cm. Part of me kinda wants to get down to 100lbs but then the other half of me wants to just be this weight and tone up ahaahh I'm just confused and would like a strangers honest opinion about what I should do regarding becoming happier in my body. Please don't try and sexualise this post. Thank you :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by indigochild
I feel really uncomfortable in my own skin at the moment; to be honest I feel kinda chubby (I used to suffer from anorexia so a healthy weight feels strange to me still). I currently weigh 48kg/106lbs at 5'3.5" or 161.5cm. Part of me kinda wants to get down to 100lbs but then the other half of me wants to just be this weight and tone up ahaahh I'm just confused and would like a strangers honest opinion about what I should do regarding becoming happier in my body. Please don't try and sexualise this post. Thank you :smile:)
tsrr.jpg

Darling you look gorgeous (I hope that's not sexualising but it's true)! I know how hard it is to recover from any ED but the part of you wanting to be 100lbs is your ED and you know you have to battle that. 48kg is probably the lowest you should go tbh because any lower you might be tempted to start getting too obsessed with the scale again. Just treat your body well- eat well and don't put pressure on yourself.

I would recommend Pilates as its not too intensive and you won't burn out but you can tone up nicely. I would suggest checking out Blogilates on YouTube. The girl who runs it is slightly annoying sometimes but her videos are all free and cater for different abilities. There is also a beginners calendar where it directs you to what videos to do every day so it keeps you motivated.

Remember you are beautiful and your weight doesn't define you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
My gal has a goals body

You're beautiful :hugs:
Your body is nice! Kinda body me and a lot of my male friends would call attractive!
Stop tripping girl
Your BMI is 18.5. If it were to become any lower then you would be considered medically 'underweight'.

You look really good as you are now, but gaining a few pounds whilst doing some bum/thigh/ab exercises would make you look even better.
I think your body is perfect the way it is, just keep it like that! :smile:
It needs no improvement, just maintenance.
Reply 7
You really shouldn't lose any more weight.
you DO NOT have to lose any more weight.....

Seriously don't.
You're definitely not chubby, you've got a great body. Regular exercise is a good way to feel more confident in yourself, you'll get more toned but you really don't need to loose any more weight.
U just made me very self conscious about myself

i am fat lol
Attention much? Clearly uncomfortable enough to post a semi clad pic for the whole world to see.......
Original post by indigochild
I feel really uncomfortable in my own skin at the moment; to be honest I feel kinda chubby (I used to suffer from anorexia so a healthy weight feels strange to me still). I currently weigh 48kg/106lbs at 5'3.5" or 161.5cm. Part of me kinda wants to get down to 100lbs but then the other half of me wants to just be this weight and tone up ahaahh I'm just confused and would like a strangers honest opinion about what I should do regarding becoming happier in my body. Please don't try and sexualise this post. Thank you :smile:)
tsrr.jpg

You need to understand that your body is perfectly fine the way it is. Provided that you are healthy, active and in general not under or over weight, you are fine. A lot people tend to base what a healthy body looks like on actors and models. This is wrong, these actors and models careers partly depend on their body image. They have to looks a certain. As well as this, a lot of them have an abundance of wealth and resources that can aid them in gaining the needed physique. Also remember that even though they may look good, they still may not be healthy. Just because someone has a six pack does not mean they are healthy. So don't try to loose weight, if anything take up a sport that will make you more toned and athletic. Take up cycling to get better thighs or do sit ups and push ups to get abs and toned arms. Also keep in mind that when you are doing all of these physical exercises, YOU SHOULD BE EATING MORE. MORE. NOT THE SAME YOU DID BEFORE YOU STARTED CYCLING AND WHAT NOT, AND NOT LESS. EAT MORE. If you don't you will lack energy and your body will not be able to repair broken muscle tissue, meaning you will get thinner and weaker and not the body that you want.
Ur not being serious. Ur body looks goodd, I wish I had ur figureee :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Parkerpenny
Attention much? Clearly uncomfortable enough to post a semi clad pic for the whole world to see.......

I don't see your point; not being completely happy in myself doesn't make me self conscious - I've learnt not to be, so your argument is invalid.
Reply 15
Original post by Emily.97
I dont quite understand how you can think you're chubby and all that nonsense- seems to me like you know what the responses on this thread are gonna be.

I suffer(ed) from an eating disorder - not too long ago I was at a bmi of 14 so of course gaining two stone makes me *feel* a bit chubby, simply because of the extra weight on my bones that I'm still not completely used to. I know I'm not chubby, there's a difference between saying I'm chubby and saying I feel chubby. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by harinimnida
U just made me very self conscious about myself

i am fat lol

Yes
Assuming you don't exercise much, your TDEE is around 1600 calories. Essentially, that's how much you need to eat to stay at the weight you are. Seeing as your BMI is very low, it might do you some good to eat ~500 over your TDEE for six months or so.
Original post by Ribbit1234
Ur not being serious. Ur body looks goodd, I wish I had ur figureee :frown:

Do you understand what an ED is?
You look fine and of course there's always room for improvement; you can do this via training and supplementing that with a good diet. DO NOT fast in order to try and cut your weight down more for that would be unhealthy.. you're just about okay where you are now..

Quick Reply

Latest