The Student Room Group

Should the north of England become a separate country?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakas21
Certainly not. Why on earth would we want to be small and unimportant.

I'd happily join Scotland and have Sturgeon as Prime Minister.
Original post by Mayhem™
Elaborate with reliable infomation,if you don't mind :woo:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/iain-duncan-smith-should-resign-over-disability-benefit-death-figures-says-jeremy-corbyn-10475017.html

Ian Duncan Smiths Benefit Sanctions have a detrimental affect on people who rely on them to survive.
Maybe we in the Midlands could tell both North and South to stop lumping us in with the other.
Original post by Rakas21
Certainly not. Why on earth would we want to be small and unimportant.

I'd rather be small and unimportant, than be crushed by Conservative Auesterity.
Reply 44
Original post by Dopesmoker
This is what average people in the North of England look like. I dont know why we havent already split the country in half. The South needs to have a referendum on leaving the North, like the Scots did.

Go for it! You won’t be missed and you need us more than we need you.
Reply 45
Original post by Dopesmoker
This is what average people in the North of England look like. I dont know why we havent already split the country in half. The South needs to have a referendum on leaving the North, like the Scots did.

Original post by Squirrel777
The north would destroy itself by becoming a left wing Labour hell hole. Within days 100 million third world migrants will have flooded the region.

The south wouldn’t last two minutes without the rest of Britain. Everybody knows you’re all ‘smoke and mirrors’, and have the substance of lettuce leaves.
Reply 46
Original post by Gavin H
The south wouldn’t last two minutes without the rest of Britain. Everybody knows you’re all ‘smoke and mirrors’, and have the substance of lettuce leaves.

You bumped a 7y/o thread to say this nonsense?

Quick Reply

Latest