The Student Room Group

Firm Only Unconditional from Keele v Liverpool for Law

I'm in a confusing situation at the moment. Currently I am studying Law, English Language and History at A2. I recieved and unconditional offer from Keele but it has to be my firm. I was also given an offer from Liverpool for ABB for Law. I only achieved BBB at AS but I am predicted AAB for this year. Although i highly doubt ill get AAB. I am wondering what uni is better in different aspects e.g the course, social life etc... taking into account the unconditional because if Keele is only slightly worse i'll probably take it to be safe :smile: Thanks in advance
Hi @flinjo98, my name is Adam and I'm a 2nd year Law student at Keele University. Before helping you in answering your questions, just to clarify, what degree is the unconditional offer from Keele for?
Reply 2
Original post by Keele University
Hi @flinjo98, my name is Adam and I'm a 2nd year Law student at Keele University. Before helping you in answering your questions, just to clarify, what degree is the unconditional offer from Keele for?

The degree is for Law, the m100 :smile: Thanks for replying
Excellent! So in response to your questions, it's probably best that answer them separately.

With regards to the course, I'm sure that you've looked at various league tables and conducted your own research comparing the two. I can't make any comment on the Law course at Liverpool because I haven't been there myself, however, I can say from my experience that the Keele Law course is excellent. Firstly, the course is led by numerous lecturers whom are passionate about all aspects of Law and offer all they can to help you excel both in and out of the classroom. Secondly, the Keele Law School has conducted research that has been recognised as world leading impact work (more on this can be found at https://www.keele.ac.uk/law/research/). Thirdly, the Keele Law School provides so many opportunities for Law students to get involved in their course outside of the classroom. Not only can students get involved in-school competitions (such as the 'Mooting Competition' and 'Client Interviewing Competition':wink:, but they can also gain legal work-experience within the local area through Keele's pioneering leadership of the Community Legal Outreach Collaboration (CLOCK), highlighting the School's strong commitment to making a difference and to social justice. Moreover, another thing I love about Keele is how much support there is from the Careers office, who not only provide guidance in what steps to take in pursuing a legal career, but also hold numerous events throughout each semester primarily to benefit Law Students. From workshops advising students how to apply for the Bar to events where visiting Law firms provide further insight into legal career - a list of Law events held this semester can be found at https://www.keele.ac.uk/careers/events/law/. It also should be mentioned that there is a very sociable aspect to the Law School, with the Law Society being very active to encourage students to attend socials and larger events, such as the Law Winter Formal and the Law Meet & Greet (an opportunity for students to make legal contacts at a formal dinner). So bearing all of this in mind, I confidently assure you that if you came to Keele to study Law, you wouldn't be disappointed.

With regards to the social life at Keele, there is almost too much to say about the student experience which makes it very difficulty when trying to underpin it all in a tiny paragraph. Personally, I find the best way in explaining it all to prospective students is that, amongst all of its fantastic features, there is a fundamental reason why Keele was voted number one for Student Satisfaction in the National Student Survey for two consecutive years (http://www.keele.ac.uk/pressreleases/2015/nss-number-1.html), and that is because you fall in love with the whole experience. You take pride in being a Keelite, treating Keele as your home and the strong student community as your extended family. It is the Hogwarts of all universities and I promise you that if you decided to come to Keele, without a doubt in my mind, you wouldn't regret it. I actually did a vlog for the university talking about my experiences as a Fresher that may interest you, which can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6bjUuz9J-A.

I hope that I've provided some assistance in your decision making process and if you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Adam
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Currently in a similar position. Applied for Law (M100) at Liverpool and De Montfort...
Got offered both but got offered an unconditional at DMU as long as I make them my firm:frown:

I'm unsure about getting ABB too, but I've been advised to base it on where I actually want to go & I guess I'd advise you to do the same! xo
Reply 5
Original post by flinjo98
I'm in a confusing situation at the moment. Currently I am studying Law, English Language and History at A2. I recieved and unconditional offer from Keele but it has to be my firm. I was also given an offer from Liverpool for ABB for Law. I only achieved BBB at AS but I am predicted AAB for this year. Although i highly doubt ill get AAB. I am wondering what uni is better in different aspects e.g the course, social life etc... taking into account the unconditional because if Keele is only slightly worse i'll probably take it to be safe :smile: Thanks in advance

Liverpool. The Law school at Liverpool has a much stronger reputation compared to Keele, which will help when you're applying for training contracts after the degree. Look at this - http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf

I'm sure you would enjoy your time at both, but Liverpool would probably set you up better for the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending