The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds Beckett

Scroll to see replies

Uni of Leeds is a lot better than beckett, the campus is all in one place, better reputation as it's higher up in the league tables etc. I go to beckett and whilst it's not a bad university it does let ANYONE in during clearance, even people with EEE, so that's why their reputation isn't as good. I do history and the course is really good and interesting, tutors are amazing and the people are so much friendlier. They tend to be working class people from the north whereas uni of students tend to be from the south and generally more posh
Posted from TSR Mobile
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Original post by superdan_
That's so cool. Applicant days are definitely the best way to get a feel for the uni since they talk to you like as if you are students there already. It was my applicant day that made me realise that I wanted to go to LB. The uni is so modern and I was blown away with the standard of facilities they have for my course anyway. It still blows my mind now ahaha!

Hope you have a good time around Leeds! Its a huge city, very lively with so many shops! It took me so long to get my head around the city centre. I was getting lost every day haha!

Where will you be staying? In a hotel or university accomodation for the night? :smile:

I'm definitely staying in a hotel because my mum's coming with me :smile: after all these things you told me I really have a lot of expectations. Looking forward to it! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Henry3729
Uni of Leeds is a lot better than beckett, the campus is all in one place, better reputation as it's higher up in the league tables etc. I go to beckett and whilst it's not a bad university it does let ANYONE in during clearance, even people with EEE, so that's why their reputation isn't as good. I do history and the course is really good and interesting, tutors are amazing and the people are so much friendlier. They tend to be working class people from the north whereas uni of students tend to be from the south and generally more posh
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile: thanks for sharing your thoughts! As I said before, I really don't care that much about the reputation. The course is unique and that's what matters to me :biggrin: also, I'm particularly bound to Leeds Beckett because 4 years ago I attended summer school on campus. It was then I decided I wanted to study in the UK and now I'm just one step away from my dream and it's amazing! Although my firm is Cardiff, I would love to study at Leeds Beckett :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's so cool. Applicant days are definitely the best way to get a feel for the uni since they talk to you like as if you are students there already. It was my applicant day that made me realise that I wanted to go to LB. The uni is so modern and I was blown away with the standard of facilities they have for my course anyway. It still blows my mind now ahaha!

Hope you have a good time around Leeds! Its a huge city, very lively with so many shops! It took me so long to get my head around the city centre. I was getting lost every day haha!

Where will you be staying? In a hotel or university accomodation for the night? :smile:

Heeeey, how are you? It's me again :biggrin: I have another question for you. How do I dress up for the applicants day? (I know maybe I should ask a girl, but whatever ahah)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sbrizio1
Heeeey, how are you? It's me again :biggrin: I have another question for you. How do I dress up for the applicants day? (I know maybe I should ask a girl, but whatever ahah)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha awkward, I am a girl! Yh my username might not quite make that clear!

Just dress casual. No need to worry about being smart . You've been offered your place, you're not going for an interview. Try dress casual so that you can be comfortable and enjoy the day! Dependant on your course and maybe what talks/activities are going on, you may need to consider this as well. On my applicant day, we went in the labs so I definitely didn't want to wear anything smart!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha awkward, I am a girl! Yh my username might not quite make that clear!

Just dress casual. No need to worry about being smart . You've been offered your place, you're not going for an interview. Try dress casual so that you can be comfortable and enjoy the day! Dependant on your course and maybe what talks/activities are going on, you may need to consider this as well. On my applicant day, we went in the labs so I definitely didn't want to wear anything smart!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahahahah OMG sorry! I have the same problem here on tsr... Everyone always thinks I'm a boy :biggrin: thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sbrizio1
Ahahahah OMG sorry! I have the same problem here on tsr... Everyone always thinks I'm a boy :biggrin: thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's fine haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
How many have dropped out of biomed since september?
Original post by clottyd
How many have dropped out of biomed since september?

Not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Hiya if anyone has 2 minutes please could you fill in this survey for some group work :smile: it's about capital fm and the radio http://surveys.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/snapwebhost/s.asp?k=145028933198 thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest