The Student Room Group

assistant vice president salary

hello!

I have been hearing about finance salaries etc. I figured out a couple of friends friends went from Engineering to become Assistant Vice President in Credit Suisse. I thought by the name of this role that it must be a high paying job and it was a good reason they ditched engineering. But I saw on glassdoor that they get only 70k!!!! Is it worth it? I mean you can get that money in engineering with a 9-5 job, without having to work 12h!

Do I miss something??
Reply 1
anyone????????????
Did that figure take into account stock options, bonuses etc?
Original post by studos
hello!

I have been hearing about finance salaries etc. I figured out a couple of friends friends went from Engineering to become Assistant Vice President in Credit Suisse. I thought by the name of this role that it must be a high paying job and it was a good reason they ditched engineering. But I saw on glassdoor that they get only 70k!!!! Is it worth it? I mean you can get that money in engineering with a 9-5 job, without having to work 12h!

Do I miss something??

Mate, you don't even know what section of the bank they work in. All-in for a front office AVP will be in the £130-250k range.

Back office will be a lot less..

AVP translates to someone 3-6 years out of uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Princepieman why you dont reply to my prv msgs?

they seem to be in a back office role, how much that would be?
Original post by studos

Princepieman why you dont reply to my prv msgs?

they seem to be in a back office role, how much that would be?

Because I'm busy bro. I'll reply in due time.

Back office at that stage is max £60-90k all-in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studos
hello!

Do I miss something??

Glassdoor figures are usually out of date and are strictly base salary only. In banking, bonuses will form the majority of your compensation.

As mentioned, it depends on the part of the bank. Front office AVPs earn a lot more than back office AVPs.

Also, the longer-term earning potential is higher as they are likely to get promoted to at least VP and then potentially ED (Executive Director) etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending