The Student Room Group

Are Vodafone any good?

I'm interested in the iPhone 6S, the middle 64GB storage model. 16GB isn't enough!

I've looked around, usually I've always bought a phone outright, and put a SIM only plan into it.

But i've found a deal on mobiles.co.uk (they're part of the Carphone Warehouse so it's alright), you get the iPhone 6S 64GB for £140 (with a £10 off voucher code), and it's unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and 6GB data on Vodafone for £31 a month. Vodafone say they don't put your price up during your contract term too.

I've only ever been on 3 or EE. Are Vodafone any good?

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.mobiles.co.uk

Do have a look at this before you consider purchasing from the website you posted. I've found Vodafone to be okay. I've used Vodafone, O2, Orange so far, and I've been a Vodafone customer for most of my life. I've found their abroad prices pretty extortionate, but oh well.
Reply 2
First check if you get good coverage in your area on that network. That's most important.

I've been with Vodafone for just over two years and never had any issues. I can confirm they do not put up the price of your contract each year like some other companies. You usually also get unlimited data for the first three months of your contract.
Reply 3
I would have to agree with Katarvi. I found Vodafone to have really poor coverage in my area, specially in my house. Only signal available was on the windowsill of one upstairs bedroom.

In the end had to move. Decided to go with your initial suggestion, buy phone sim free and purchase a sim card. Went with EE and never looked back.
I moved from Vodafone to Three because of their unlimited data plan - as long as the signal is good in the area I would recommend Three.
they're good if you live in the middle of nowhere, anywhere else you'll get terrible signal, and really slow data.
Reply 6
The one benefit of Voda is that you can get a sire signal which connects to your internet so, you can have full coverage throughout your home. as £69, its not the cheapest.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/accessories/SKU75375-white

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending