The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
nessie
Cool_guy, my answer was completely random...i threw in a bit of everything, but not much on the acts (! bad idea?)....no argument, no development... if the question really was about the acts and how they indicated changes (as it probably was considering the sources) then the question was really badly worded cos everone seems to hav taken a different approach. How horrible.

I dont even think it was on the acts lol! However i also think its kinda odd because what was the point in learning the acts? The sources came from books which didnt even make reference to what the question was asking! GRRRRR
Reply 61
my history teacher disagrees that it was difficult
Reply 62
nessie
my history teacher disagrees that it was difficult

lol... what did he say you should have written for it?
Reply 63
stuff about the Acts i think - but who knows really? It wasn't too clear in the question
Reply 64
I did the Medicine 1890 - 1990. The first question was hard, it talked about some 1979 changes to the NHS we hadn't even studied, and they weren't actually mentioned in the text book (I checked when I got home). Thankfully the second question was a straightforward one about the importance of one factor, and we just had to basically weigh up its influence against other factors over the period.
Not sure how well I'm going to do on Firday, I really don't like the Nazi Germany stuff, I much prefer older periods of history. If I can get a C on units 5 and 6, though, I should get an A overall (If I don't, Kings won't take me).
Unit 5 was a disgrace - I think the board has made a mistake.
You must get your teachers to complain to the board
Tell me which school/college you attend and I will contact them and send them a copy of my letter to the board
Reply 66
robert peel
Unit 5 was a disgrace - I think the board has made a mistake.
You must get your teachers to complain to the board
Tell me which school/college you attend and I will contact them and send them a copy of my letter to the board

Could you possibly e-mail it to me? I'm trying to get a complaint made but I'm an external candidate so it might help... PM me if you want to talk about it anyway :smile:
Get your teachers to complain - it was an unfair exam
Pass on to me the names of your schools/colleges and I will contact them
Reply 68
robert peel
Get your teachers to complain - it was an unfair exam
Pass on to me the names of your schools/colleges and I will contact them

hi,
can you really do that?
I got As in all of 4 units and i know i failed unit 5 because i only could answer half of the first quiestion...my answer was really poor and random, now i must get at least a B in tomorrows exam to secure B overall, soooo annoyed!!!
Reply 69
bratva10
hi,
can you really do that?
I got As in all of 4 units and i know i failed unit 5 because i only could answer half of the first quiestion...my answer was really poor and random, now i must get at least a B in tomorrows exam to secure B overall, soooo annoyed!!!

We all had that problem :frown: It was a completely unfair paper. I think all of us should try and get a complaint made. Get in touch with your history teacher or exams officer and give it a go :smile:
Reply 70
bratva10
hi,
can you really do that?

Didnt you answer question two?
I've been teaching A-level students for many years and was so dismayed/angered by Monday's Unit 5 Rep & Dem paper that I have written to Edexcel to complain -as have other teachers.
I've been reading all your anxious messages and really sympathise very much with you all - so much so that I have registered to join this forum just to encourage you all.

Please do not give up hope - concentrate on your remaining exams first and then get your teachers, headteachers etc to write to Edexcel to complain. We need as many letters as possible.

Good luck
:smile:
Unit 6 - Hitler and the Nazi state to sit at 8:50 *gulps* - after the awful question Edexcel set on monday I have to do so much better...(I actually thought they changed the syllabus! Well sort of, there should have been two questions one on Vietnam and other on Korea…well okay there were two questions but they were both on Vietnam! I really needed/wanted a question on Korea because I spent so much time revising it and there was nothing! You couldn’t even incorporate it into the two Vietnam questions without looking like you were talking absolute nonsense! To add further insult to my injury I didn’t finish on time!!! I couldn’t fit a conclusion in or anything about Johnson’s presidency they might think I knew nothing about him when in truth I had no time! Argghhhh! I am so mad at them! Edexcel how could you, you evil, evil, EVIL examining board! Grrr! - there rant over, thanxs :smile: )

Not well revised for today - two Biology exams this afternoon so hoping the questions will be so much better...

Good luck all! XxX
Reply 73
cool_guy769
Didnt you answer question two?

nope, i just had a massive panic atack and stopped, couldnt think of anything to write, and the annoying thing is i spent about a month revising all the acts and causes of refom throughout the period :-(
Reply 74
how was unit 6 for everyone? i hated mine (mid tudor crisis), hopefully mondays exam& c/w will make up for it though.
Reply 75
bratva10
nope, i just had a massive panic atack and stopped, couldnt think of anything to write, and the annoying thing is i spent about a month revising all the acts and causes of refom throughout the period :-(

Im right there with you... My mind went blank and i just wrote totally random stuff... i was trying to use the acts but then realised it didnt work and got even more into a panic!
Reply 76
bratva10

Have you complained?
Reply 77
cool_guy769
Have you complained?

yeah not to edexcel though, i think my lecturer is
Reply 78
bratva10
yeah not to edexcel though, i think my lecturer is

Well why don't you email them yourself too, the more people who do the more likely something will be done. At the end of the day its our futures.
I teach Unit 5 and have complained to the board. I would like to speak with other teachers. Please ask your teachers to contact me on [email protected]

Latest

Trending

Trending