The Student Room Group

Welcome to Health!

:nurse:Welcome to Health!:nurse:

If you are looking for advice on how to stay healthy, share your health struggles and ask about your health problems.

Don't forget that it's always best to see a GP!

:doctor:

What types of conversation can I find in the Health forum?

Anything and everything related to health! Whether anyone else has the same problem as you, tips on how to get healthy, advice on dealing with a health condition...If you have a question or some advice to give then join the discussion or start a thread of your own!

To ask questions about mental or sexual health or to get involved in discussions, visit the dedicated forums here:

Mental health: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=659

Sexual health: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=338

I would like to start a society in Health for people with similar medical issues- how would I go about doing this?

We currently have some fantastic societies such as the M.E. society thread (see below for link)- if you want to start a society of your own to meet people with similar health conditions, all you need to do is set up a thread as normal with info on what the society will be all about and simply alert a member of the Community Team or Support Team and we can highlight the thread for you

Check out our most popular Health threads!

Drugs Fact File

Dealing with stress

Worst injury you've ever had

Read this if you're feeling blue

NHS Jaw Surgery

All about M.E. society!

TSR Aspergers society

Got any other questions?

Our lovely Support Team are about to help with any questions you might have- you can find out who is around in the forum from the Support Team box on the right hand side!
:moo:
Thank you for the wonderful post @Queen Cersei. Any chance you could clear up the rules regarding medical advice?
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Thank you for the wonderful post @Queen Cersei. Any chance you could clear up the rules regarding medical advice?

Thank you :smile:

With medical advice, the guidance for the forum is outlined below:

"This forum is for advice, suggestions and insight only. We aren't health professionals and therefore all advice should not be considered professional or reliable. Do not hesitate to see a professional, go to A&E or telephone NHS direct (111 except in these areas where you shall call 0845 46 47, or if you are in Scotland you should call NHS 24 on 08454 24 24 24). NHS Direct/ NHS 24 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you need urgent medical advice."

Does that help at all?
Original post by Queen Cersei
Thank you :smile:

With medical advice, the guidance for the forum is outlined below:

"This forum is for advice, suggestions and insight only. We aren't health professionals and therefore all advice should not be considered professional or reliable. Do not hesitate to see a professional, go to A&E or telephone NHS direct (111 except in these areas where you shall call 0845 46 47, or if you are in Scotland you should call NHS 24 on 08454 24 24 24). NHS Direct/ NHS 24 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you need urgent medical advice."

Does that help at all?

It does. So just to clarify, posts like "sounds like you might just have a cold. See how you get on" or "I've tried that medication and it made me feel [this way]" are disallowed?
It does. So just to clarify, posts like "sounds like you might just have a cold. See how you get on" or "I've tried that medication and it made me feel [this way]" are disallowed?

I think saying 'sounds like you have a cold, see how you get on' is absolutely fine, the guidance is there to remind the member to see a doctor if it needs medical attention but suggesting what it sounds like is fine :smile:

It should be ok to share how medicines have made you feel, I might just add in a bit to the guidance to advise people that everyone responds differently to medications however!
Original post by Queen Cersei
I think saying 'sounds like you have a cold, see how you get on' is absolutely fine, the guidance is there to remind the member to see a doctor if it needs medical attention but suggesting what it sounds like is fine :smile:

It should be ok to share how medicines have made you feel, I might just add in a bit to the guidance to advise people that everyone responds differently to medications however!

So suggestions are fine as long as you disclaim you lack medical authority and urge them to see a Dr if symptoms worsen?
So suggestions are fine as long as you disclaim you lack medical authority and urge them to see a Dr if symptoms worsen?

It's fine to just make suggestions, in an ideal world it would be a good idea to suggest they see a doctor if it sounds like something a GP would be needed for :smile:

I'm just creating a fresh new page for the H&R guidelines so I will try and create some more clarity around this :h:
Updated Health guidelines can be found here or in the useful resources widget on the right in the forum :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=21843-Welcome-to-the-Health-Forum-Guidelines
Reply 8
I would like to ask a question to a health forum moderator how do I access the ask a health moderator thread within the tsr app? When I click the ask a health moderator thread link in a health sticky it redirects to my browser in my phone not in the app.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has something gone wrong? We can't normally post in this thread, can we?
good info :u:
thank for wonder full post. :smile:
I like to join in some forums about health because I think it is a good way to learn how to live healthy
:u:
Always stay happy and stay comfort using a lightweight backpack for travel its help to prevent shoulder pain. change habits for healthy living. :smile:
Thanks for suggestion..
Welcome to all newbie here. Enjoy buddy.

Latest